How to ... Start the open-source into .exe?

RoseOwnage

Ok, im joined because this game interested me. And i loved the detailed grass, that looks so cool! but now i got a question, how to run your open-source project? do you need first to create an .exe? or just running a file with java.

and

how to change the:
16 bit files to 64 bit files?
8 bit files to 32 bit files?
4 bit files to 16 bit files
2 bit files to 8 bit files?

Thanks already
-RoseOwnage.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Since we're mid-rename there are going to be some outdated links, yeah, that should be fixed up soon, especially now when I'm actually back home to help out with the last few bits.

On resolution - we don't currently have plans to make hi-def textures. If it is possible (performance and what not) then I'd like to see it one day, but we'd probably need one or more contributors who would want to make that happen. We're plenty busy just making the low-res stuff better :)

I don't know what you mean with explaining "the : development" ? If you have any specific questions on the wiki instructions, suggestions for improvement, etc, then fire away! :D

RoseOwnage

Development is a chapter in the instructies but i missed the chapter: Configuration. so now i just asking about the configuration : "I got an error when i want to run the IntelliJ. Something that it cant find the SDK, but i added the JDK (Thought it was the same right?) This is the error: "Cannot start compiler: the SDK is not specified for module "Terasology".
Specify the SDK at Project Structure dialog." And i changed: com.github.begla.blockmania.game.Blockmania to com.github.begla.terasology.game.Terasology . ok so this is my question how i get it worked...

[EDIT]

-Thanks already
-RoseOwnage

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Well, the main class has been moved to org.terasology.game.Terasology so that's what you need on that screen.

And yeah, SDK and JDK can be used interchangeably. Did you get that to work after taking that screenshot?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
On the top screenie, what do you have under Platform Settings / SDKs? You should have an SDK in there that's valid (double check the path). Your Project Settings / Project should have the valid SDK selected but currently has an invalid reference.

RoseOwnage

ok i changed from the second picture that: "1.6 [invalid]" to "1.7" (BECAUSE ITS 1.7 JDK Dúúúh!)
now it's fixed whit your help thanks, but soon when i wanted to run it (1 sec after editing) i get 1 big error it's just 1 error. can you look at it?

[Error]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin\java" -Didea.launcher.port=7532 "-Didea.launcher.bin.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition 11.0.1\bin" -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\alt-rt.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\deploy.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\javaws.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\management-agent.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\plugin.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\resources.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\localedata.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\sunec.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\sunmscapi.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\sunpkcs11.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\zipfs.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\out\test\Terasology;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\out\production\Terasology;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\annotations.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\AppleJavaExtensions.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\groovy-all-1.8.2.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\jbullet.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\jdom.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\jinput.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\jogg-0.0.7.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\jorbis-0.0.15.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\junit-dep-4.9.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\lwjgl.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\lwjgl_util.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\lzma.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\slick-util.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\slick.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\trove-3.0.0.jar;C:\Users\user\Documents\IntelliJ\Terasology\libs\vecmath.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition 11.0.1\lib\idea_rt.jar" com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain "org.terasology.game.Terasology "
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.terasology.game.Terasology
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:186)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:113)

Process finished with exit code 1
-Thanks Already!
-RoseOwnage

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hmm, not sure. That's a fairly common error, but the main class name looks okay.

I haven't set up with the new branch yet, still trying to figure out an old issue elsewhere. I can try to play with that later but it might take a little while (couple/few days).

Maybe Google around for common issues related to not finding the main class in IntelliJ to see if you can find some common issues to check? Or just wait a bit. You're close, so don't give up hope! :)

RoseOwnage

Ok, It's working now! There ware a space after org.terasology.game.Terasology .So it didn't work :D
but now it works fine thx !

[EDIT]

How to change the main class to org.blocktitle.game.Blocktitle << for example? do you need to make an org?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh, didn't catch the edit in this thread

"org" is no different than "com" - it is only a name. The convention goes that you use a website related to the application and reverse it to get the extension first. So we registered terasology.org to be the eventual front-end for the open source project and renamed from com.github.begla to org.terasology. Nothing more magically about that

RoseOwnage

ok, when i use both my command prompt, It's both doesn't work..

[Git Bash]
Code:
fatel: not a git reposity (or any of the parent directories): .git
[Dutch CommandPrompt Windows]
Code:
git wordt niet herkend als een interne
of externe opdracht, programma of batchbestand.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Need a little more info than that - what are you trying to do and what is the exact command you're executing?