WIP [Icons] Various Items .... :o)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Fellows this is doable for me but it will be a totaly new and steep learning curve for me and will take me a little longer than I excepted ... if you are not in a push for it and can wait a bit I would love to do it for you ... :coffee:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Well, I had to do it my way so I am not sure how this will work for you .....

KingCard.png this would be the king card

GuardCard.png this would be the guard card

BilderCard.png and this would be the builder card

Now ...... if I understand you fellows correctly this only leaves me with finding a way to put this on this card ....

https://github.com/Terasology/Miniion/blob/master/assets/textures/minionicon16.png

.... Now if I have misunderstood anything then please, please, please let me know what I need to change ...

Here is the minionicon16.png with my icon on them (hope I did it right) ... :coffee:

minionicon16.png

Mike Kienenberger

Contributor
Architecture
GUI
I took a look at this today -- sorry it's taken so long.

The size changed from 256x256 to 100x100, and the background color changed from transparent to black.
Can we get those fixed back to what they were?

And as I mentioned before, we only need the bottom half of the three icons you provided, since you'll be redoing it.

metouto

Contributor
Art
Ok .... Mike got it done

I took a look at this today -- sorry it's taken so long.
not a problem ;)

The size changed from 256x256 to 100x100, and the background color changed from transparent to black.
Can we get those fixed back to what they were?
The background is now transparent ...... but gimp says that it is still 256x256 :( .... would you check that out again for me please :confused:

And as I mentioned before, we only need the bottom half of the three icons you provided, since you'll be redoing it.
I also cut the 3 icons in 1/2 ;)

minionicon16.png
Hope it is good now :coffee:

Mike Kienenberger

Contributor
Architecture
GUI
but gimp says that it is still 256x256 :(
Are you looking at the image size of the original or of the exported png?

Gimp (as well as my OS tools) shows that the new image is 100x100 still, while the original is still 256x256.
Note that the size (2.9k vs 8.6k) is much smaller on your version. (10000 pixels vs 65536 pixels)

EDIT:

I just noticed that someone in the past already created icons for the oreo builder and guard, and apparently they haven't been used yet. Look at icons32.png. It's only missing the icon for the king.

https://github.com/Terasology/Miniion/blob/master/assets/textures/icons32.png

But general build/guard/king icons are still useful for future minions.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Interesting - if I right click the image metouto attached and do stuff with it I get the white background 100x100 version. If I left click it to open it in the Xenforo image gallery thingie then I get a 256x256 transparent image that downloads correctly at 8 kb :)

The old Oreon icons are kinda vague, I like the new icons better :D

Mike Kienenberger

Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Interesting - if I right click the image metouto attached and do stuff with it I get the white background 100x100 version. If I left click it to open it in the Xenforo image gallery thingie then I get a 256x256 transparent image that downloads correctly at 8 kb :)

The old Oreon icons are kinda vague, I like the new icons better :D
Wow. That is weird. Yes, if I lift-click, I can get to a point that lets me download the 256x256 version. So the forum is doing some kind of weird image conversion?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I dunno! Maybe by re-attaching an image of the same name it goes screwy somehow. Or yeah some sort of thumbnail conversion :)

A later version of Xenforo might have that fixed - development was stalled for quite a while due to legal issues (long story but XF was created by a few guys splitting off from phpBB, I think). Now there are newer versions coming out that we need to get a hold of sometime

metouto

Contributor
Art
I was looking at the exported png :D
So ..... Mike ..... is it OK or do I need to do something more to it :cautious:

I could add to the size 356x356 and that in my thinking would bring it to 256x256 you need Mike ....
but that doesn't tell us why right/left clicking would make a difference in the size :unsure:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
metouto - the right/left click thing is a forum issue. You did it right - don't worry :)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Wow. That is weird. Yes, if I lift-click, I can get to a point that lets me download the 256x256 version. So the forum is doing some kind of weird image conversion?
I think the different sizes are due to Thumbnail/Full Image options when you integrate them into your post.

For icons you can use the Full Image button without worries metouto, it will give an even better impression of the actual look ;)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Thanks Skaldarnar I will try that for Mike and see if it makes a difference for him ....

minionicon16.png