Ideas for this textures?

ererbe

I dont now, there is missing something... something important....
texture.png
no.png

weapons:
fireGun.png
flameThrower.png
theDragon.png

(Do you want to see the textures for the new planet I trying to add? most are modified versions of other textures of the game... and the other miss something too...)

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Looks nice, especially the weapons, but I think the ship needs more shading work. It is very high contrast / sharp edges right now. Maybe some more distinct thrusters on the back :)

Planet variant textures would be nice too.

ererbe

this is too much shading: ... right? (too much light and darkness)
texture.png

but maybe the edges of this are better: (but it was my goal to make sharp edges by the ships of this alien race...) btw. this points and pipes?/?tubes (I dont know the right word...) are something for the energy of this alien ships.
texture2.png

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Maybe "shading" is the wrong word. "Gradient" ?

@SigmaOne @FredoMaster and @Trekmarvel may have better ideas than me since they can actually do art :)

In any case those ships look better already!

FredoMaster

You should make it look more like battle scarred and also it looks more like flying box try to put a little style into it look on google for spaceships and try to put something together :)

FredoMaster

You need to remember those ships are battle machines and everyone wants his ship to look cool add something like camouflage or pattern or put a faction logo on it :)

FredoMaster

Here you can see I put few stripes as camouflage and also try to make colors a little bit more like faded and not fully red it wont really fit the art of the game...
And also about the shading... you can see here I didn't do the side shading because you should know the ship will rotate in game and it would look retarded to keep one side black and another one shiny the sun stays at the center of the map and it will not folow your left wing like a pet :D

Last edited: