Interested in Contributing

Wolfgange

• Name: Matthew 'Wolfgange'
  • Skills / Tools: Know some C++, and Java. Worked with blender
  • Found via: Google
  • Interests: Anything (Well everything exept the boring things like bugfixing)
  • Extra: Helped (and still helping) with Mine DS, Minecraft in 2d for the Nintendo DS
I tried to setup Terasology with IntelliJ, using the tutorial, and I understood everthing until this:

Code:
Open the Terasology project in your shiny new source controlled directoryFile -> Open Project -> select the root Terasology folder from your Git working directory. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! If you try to import a gradle project than you have to go through and do things manually, which takes a very long time. You will also have many other issues.
If I should not configure intelliJ project import with Gradle (because I tried and it gives errors), then which option should I choose? Should I choose "Create project with existing sources"?

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
You can use gradle to setup different IDEs for you. For IntelliJ, it should be
Code:
gradlew idea

Esereja

Contributor
feel free to post in developer forum if you get proplems.

and irc is realy good place to ask anything related to project it is avaible under chat teb in this site.(sry for flooding, net proser crashed and i couldn't edit last reply).

Skaldarnar edit: merged posts ;)

Wolfgange

I fixed the problem on irc :).

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome back, by the way! I remember your avatar from what seems like long ago :D

Good to see you get set up to code and keep the suggestions coming :)