Just 8 pictures of my tree house

metouto

Contributor
Art
Trying to end my day on a good note before I went to bed ... so here are 3 shots at my tree house before I lost the world ;) ... put in 5 NEW pictures on 2/23/2012 ... enjoy ;)

the above picture is of the stairway to my house. it was right in between a mountain and a big tree :)

now the above picture was looking back the way we came up the stairs :D

in this picture about where the white "+" is is where we came up the stairs. To the left of it maybe a block was a stair down to a wood platform that you could see some of the lay of the winter land from. To the way left if there would have been time for a sunrise you would have seen a very nice one from that side ;) right now the only thing in the night sky showing is 3 stars if you look good.

New Picture of my observatory .... now I am waiting for Halley's Comet to come by ....

This picture is of my "walk-a-round" I have it done on 2 2/3 sides

This is a picture of the "soon to be room" just below the observatory. This is the way all my rooms start out and I have to "cut" them to the picture I have in my mind for them to be.

This is a picture of me flying off and looking back at my home about sunset

I love this picture of my house at night :cool:

And of course this is again back in my house (safe and sound ;) ) and is what the observatory look like at night

Anyway that just shows a very little of what I can do and the game is still a very new creation (only 73 updates) just think what the next 73 will bring us :shock: :cool:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Re: Just 3 pictures of my tree house

Spiffy! I had not actually thought about how the overabundance of trunk blocks in the current trees would make for perfect hollowed out tree houses :)

metouto

Contributor
Art

And if one had glass windows Cervator for skylights and large picture windows around the tree house that would make a wonderful sunrise/sunset and those stars would show up so nice ..... :cool:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

You actually can get glass blocks, I think, but you have to use the in-game console to grant them to yourself.

The command for that is around here somewhere, something like giveBlocks([id], [quantity]) where ID is whatever glass ends up with in the block manifest. Might need to actually run the game myself to make sure it works.

Also, I might toss this thread up on twitter just since it might be the first "real" construction ever, humble or not :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Here's the command I get glass from in the game console (press tab in-game, then start typing):

cmd.giveBlock(9,64)

(In my saved worlds dir the block manifest Groovy file has the ID for glass, which is 9 for my current world)

metouto

Contributor
Art

Thanks Cervator I'll try that ;)

Thank you Exile :)

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI

You can also use the improved version of the giveBlock command, that just takes the name of the Block, and optionally a quantity
Code:
cmd.giveBlock "Glass"
cmd.giveBlock "Glass", 15
Then you just need to know the block name. It is case sensitive at the moment though.

metouto

Contributor
Art

Immortius for some reason code did not work for me but I will keep it and try it again later ... thanks for the help ;)

Cervator your's did and I on the way to making a place to watch stars, sunrises, sunsets, ;) and maybe a shooting stare or comet :cool: later down the road :idea: :?: :?: :?:

EDITED.....Immortius for some reason code did not work and the reason was that I had not typed it in right :oops: :oops: :oops: .... anyway it is working fine now .... thanks again :)