Resolved Linux. 10 seconds and then crash.

dottel

Pastebin of error: http://pastebin.com/aiuEDiZG

Upon loading up the game I am able to walk around and jump for a very short time, maybe 10 seconds. Then it crashes.

I am on Ubuntu 15.04, NVidia 780 on proprietary drivers, i5 2500k and 16 gig ram. Please let me know if you need further information. Keep up the good work and thank you!

OvermindDL1

Contributor
That pastebin is not an error, just usual new world loading messages. Can you upload all of your entire logs to gist.github.com or so, as well as a terminal log if any?

dottel

Relevant bash history:

java - version
java -version
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install default-jre
sudo apt-get install default-jdk
cd install/game/t*
dir
cd ./Tera*O*
sh run_linux.sh
java -version
sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre
sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk
sudo update-alternatives --config java
sh run_linux.sh

And by all of your logs you mean Terasology logs? I have no idea where these are located.

Thank you for your help and I apologize sincerely for the delay.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Logs should go to your user home directory in a .terasology dir IIRC, or you can override that and make the game store logs in /logs in the game directory by adding -homedir

For instance:

Code:
java -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -jar libs/Terasology.jar -homedir
(Mostly copy pasted from inside run_linux.sh)

If you crash the game and the CrashReporter shows up it should have each relevant log file in a separate tab and the initialization one should even start with some basic system info including exactly what the game data dir is :)

dottel

Updated: http://pastebin.com/KSQBGPu1

Okay, I believe the crash was caused by not allocating enough memory for Java. I ran around for quite some time this time without a crash. Thank you very much for taking the time to help out!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Awesome, great to hear you were able to figure it out :)