Archived Look for crowdfunding support

sanchan

I suggest use crowdfunding platforms like kickstarter or indiegogo. I just know about this project and looked at kickstarter and indiegogo to see it, but I dididn't find it.I'm a really fan of minecraft, but this project is awasome! Why do you don't try a crowdfunding platform?I'm pretty sure you can get a lot of support. In fact, I'm going to donate right now :). But a crowdfunding could be better.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thanks a lot for the donation, sanchan - very much appreciated!

Crowdfunding is an idea that comes up now and then, but it is premature. Trick is, you both have to have possible rewards (but currently everything is open source and free) and possible effort you can "unlock" by getting funding (but most of us are already full-time professionals or students)

So actually coming up with what to do for and offer in a campaign is the challenge. Maybe after we have the core engine and content ready we could aim for some sort of premium game mode, or integration with something like Steam for fancy features, but even so we'd need somebody to throw money at who could dedicate free time to work at it. We could offer a sort of stipend for somebody with more time than money, but still that's a risk since if the person goes poof we're on the line to deliver with no solid time availability.

In short: We're not the usual little 1-4 person group that starts a closed-source for-profit voxel game out of a garage or so, which comes with pros and cons :)

Anyway, there is always potential! But for now we focus on getting the engine "done" :geek:

Edit: Oh, and I do have a goofy little idea about making a tiny crowdfunding campaign sometime for physical swag - like some Gooey plushies. But that's a ways off too.