Tweaking Machines

Marcin Sciesinski

Code ALL the Ages!
Contributor
World
Architecture
The entering a chest visual bug, is only visual. I have not looked at the rendering part, but it seems that my changes might be not 100% compatible with the render part, maybe I'm not removing some component (I remove just the AnimatedMovingItemComponent component), or something, as all the items are correctly transported.

If we were to stick with this implementation (scheduled or event based), in the mean time before switching to BlockNetwork one:
I'm not sure, if it's correct to add the AnimatedMovingItemComponent component to the item itself. I think it should be added to the inventory, as I can remove the item from the conveyor belt and it will keep the stranded AnimatedMovingItemComponent, which makes me believe it does not belong there.

Also, just a side node: if all the conveyor belts in the world are guaranteed to always have items, then there couldn't be more efficient implementation that the one you had (keeping the inventory on each). My implementation scales with the number of items on conveyor belts, rather than number of conveyor belts.

Marcin Sciesinski

Code ALL the Ages!
Contributor
World
Architecture
Ok, I found the visual bug issue (in Engine) and will create PR for that. InventoryManager was not destroying the entity, if it was being merged into an existing stack.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Merged! Thanks for the good work :)

Also, weeeeee....