Master Of Oreon - Version 2 GSoC 2019

shaunak_dixit

I created a draft proposal for second version of master of oreon or we can say second round of GSoC updation.
this is a draft which contains tasks I'm planning to do. How I'm planning to do it algorithms or method that is going to be used.
please have a look and give your feedback.

MOO version - 2 Draft

Since time is less in submission for GSoC proposal so please help me guys:)

I have created a proposal for MOO - Version 2 please have a look and give your feedback.
Proposal MOO Version - 2

Last edited:

Michael

Contributor
Architecture
My first impression is that you are too focused on the minute details of the implementation and missing the whole picture. I don't need to know all the details of the implementation but rather what does this add to the game and what you would like to add. Try explain some of this from a players perspective but it's ok to get into some details of the implementation if it's relevant to the proposal. knowing that you plan to call X function and that I would need to also write function Y is irrelevant. You are also missing a schedule that plans out what you are going to work on and what you plan to do for each week.

I think you really need to just flesh out something you would like to add and discuss the relevant's to the project as a whole. you can look at some of the other students proposals as outlines.

RatMoleRat

Contributor
GSOC/TSOC 2020
Left some comments on the document.

You did do a much better job with the overview, it's far easier to see what your ultimate goals are now! I think you still need more specifics, at least in a few spots. That is, more specific than what you have now, but less specific than what exact functions you'll call - a happy medium. If your goal is to make a module that can both function independently and with player input, I'm still a bit confused in some sections regarding how this all ties to the player and what exactly their role in the process is.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Alright - phiew, that was a lot of comments. Yes, your proposal is vastly improved, well done @shaunak_dixit !

There's plenty that could still be improved, but keep it up, your proposal is now coming along nicely :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Checked again, a few things are improved, but I don't really get the feeling you're spending enough time taking the feedback to heart, truly thinking about what it means, looking around in the proposal and code, then coming up with a reasonable response. In some cases you just keep throwing more arbitrary details into the commends or argue the points.

Writing a proposal like this is not easy. It takes a lot of time. You can't get around that by just rushing additional comments in. If you don't have enough time to work on the proposal then that's fine, say so and take your time to do it right. Trying desperately to rush before the GSOC deadline really isn't constructive. If you do a good job even if it takes another month or two then that can result in a productive and well done project, GSOC or not (and the success rate for reapplying students that stick around till the next year is pretty good)

Remember: Even the process of writing a GSOC proposal is meant to be a learning experience, preparing you for similar things in life. Take advantage of having access to mentors and their advice.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Checked real quick but only left a few comments for time reasons - btw there are still two comments at the bottom that haven't been resolved :)