Inactive Miniion

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
OK, the poppup window actually works pretty decently for the minion command item, without minion mode, what it needs now is to rework the menu that pops up and position it above the item in the toolbar, and set the mouse position on the default action (most likely the first button). As for reworking the commands, if you have ideas have a go at it, but I haven't decided myself yet.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I finally tried out Castle Story and while its overall feel and UI interaction seems awkward currently I do like the pop-up radial menu and could see that working for us too :)

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
finished some workd on the new book, will finish tomorrow:
newbook1.pngnewbook2.png

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
I finally tried out Castle Story and while its overall feel and UI interaction seems awkward currently I do like the pop-up radial menu and could see that working for us too :)
I need to try that out, too. But I missed the Kickstarter campaign because of no credit card :( Hopefully the will release it soon for the rest of the world :D

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
short vid with still buggy card creation and new popup at work

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
becoming smoother overal, the oreo builder is back

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
minions with names

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
you will all be able to add as much names as you like... The names are loaded from a prefab atm so you can edit it. but it is true I should include the name off all contributors, we also need golden oreos for special spawns like Begla and Immortius hehe ^^

All names should have a structure "name:flavortext" and be added to the prefab called nameslist.prefab. The name of the file might change over time, I will probably go for minionsettings.setting.json later.... I'm just to lazy to write the reader atm but I'll get to it when I really need it for things like adding properties to the minions. But that might be a while from now.

Hey maybe all you guys out there can post a flavor text to go with your nick.. I'll take the time to compile them and add then by default.

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
here is a link to the file, to give you an idea of what is in there atm.
nameslist.prefab

here's my entry:
"Dawidh: darling, beloved friend."

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
couldn't resist this one... think I'll add the random animations next, but for now it's HAMMER time !!!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Awesome work, overdhose :D

Really nice to see creatures shaping up in-game. Names and flavor are extra cool.

I wonder if we can get the Gooey IRC bot back up and if so if he still remembers to go "Cervator is a slacker is a slacker is a slacker" ;)

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
don't congratulate people on using the framework for things you aren't supposed to do with it, slacker :raritywink:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
don't congratulate people on using the framework for things you aren't supposed to do with it, slacker :raritywink:
Hey that's like my job description right there - at work I've turned a simple code build tool (Jenkins) into an automation platform for maintenance stuff that has nothing to do with code :D

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
Hmmm I know we shouldn't tough the main engine to much, but I think I'm gonna try to have minions pick up blocks by adding some thing like
Code:
block.send(new DroppedEvent(event.getInstigator()));
to the onDestroyed event in BlockEntitySystem, as a hook to catch blocks being gathered by minions.

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Seems sensible to me, although I would probably send the event to the instigator, and call it BlockDroppedEvent. Probably should include the dropped block entity rather than (just?) the block.

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
I actually made this out of it :
Code:
import org.terasology.entitySystem.AbstractEvent;
import org.terasology.entitySystem.EntityRef;
import org.terasology.world.block.Block;

/**
* copied from the attackevent
* @author Immortius <immortius@gmail.com>
* created as a way to catch minions breaking blocks and sending them to their inventory
* oldblock is the block being destroyed, instigator is the entity who broke the block
* droppedblock is the itemblock dropped in the world
*/
public class BlockDroppedEvent extends AbstractEvent {
    private EntityRef droppedblock;
    private EntityRef instigator;
    private Block oldblock;

public BlockDroppedEvent(Block oldblock, EntityRef droppedblock, EntityRef instigator) {
        this.oldblock = oldblock;
        this.droppedblock = droppedblock;
        this.instigator = instigator;
    }

public EntityRef getInstigator() {
        return instigator;
    }

public EntityRef getDroppedBlock() {
        return droppedblock;
    }

public Block getoldBlock() {
        return oldblock;
    }
}
commit here : https://github.com/overdhose/Terasology/commit/caccaec67ac95acef027e2a08607e82e2dd821a7

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
small recap and new ui concept
there's a small bug that pressing next and then previous gives a different minion, but I consider it a feature for now.