WIP models / concept art / creature system

glasz

Contributor
Art
Trying another kind of low poly model, this time a goblinette. The polycount is under 300 :

As usual it's untextured.

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
it almost looks to cute to slap around...

almost :eek:

glasz

Contributor
Art
This one is not a minion, she is a free goblin from the great goblin nation.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Ack, why can't I watch everything, I'm missing stuff! And I can't even see this from work :(

Also: Art request coming up soon for a forum logo + badges, probably on the topic of specialized Gelatinous Cubes as mascots - graphically a smaller block inside the translucent outside with some purpose to it (an existing block, an object, a character...)

metouto

Contributor
Art
now I don't have any ability right now in animation .... but this look good to me ;) glasz !

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
That is pretty spiffy. Being that I have no familiarity with modelling - how much work is it actually to do animations like that?

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Like it! Especially the animation looks very smooth and perfectly fits the cartoony look and feel of the dwarf. :)

That dwarf would be perfect in a blocky world like Terasology. This dwarf looks like he/she is built of blocks, and that's a good creature style when you make a block based game like Minecraft or Terasology.

I now painted a character model from scratch that maybe could be good for the player's basic character, so I named it "player character", but of course it don't need to be the player character.

Terasology player character example.jpgTerasology Basic texture example for player character.jpg

glasz

Contributor
Art
A few drawings i used as a basis for the goblinette :

I'm not sure i like the 3d angular version i did, i'd like something more minimalistic manga, i'll work some more on it...

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
can't wait to see what you will cook up next, I have a feeling I'm gonna like it a lot, I hope the rest will to.

RampageMode

Contributor
Art
the goblin is N!c3 :D
i think we should use similar models for terasology and not as cuboid ones as MC

glasz

Contributor
Art
I tried to turn the goblinette into 3d but i'am not satisfied with what i came with, so if anyone wants to pick up the ball, feel free :)

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
upload_2015-10-27_9-15-10.png

Thanks @glasz - I think that Dwarfy would be a great player character.
Can you assign a new (white) material to the torso and another one for the shoes?
If so, we could map the player color to the mesh and blue players would get a Dwarfy that is dressed in blue. That would be pretty cool.

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
I like Dwarfy! Very cute. Only concern I have is that judging by the mustaches.. he's on the boyish side of the Force. What if the player behind the keyboard is a girl?