Modules

Nickruig

Hey,

How can I put the Fence module into the Core module? I want to have it in 1 module.

#Nickruig

Marcin Sciesinski

Code ALL the Ages!
Contributor
World
Architecture
There is no need to have it in one mod. You can just enable both when you start a world, or is it for another purpose?

Nickruig

I want to delete the Modules selection screen so I want to put it in the core mod, because the Core mod is automatic selected.

Mike Kienenberger

Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Well, Core module is soon going away and is going to be split out into one or more non-required modules. So I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of time adding things into it.

But to merge two modules should be as simple as copying all of the files from one module into the other module at the same location, then updating the modules.txt file (as you'll probably need to merge the two module.txt files together manually).

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Nickruig, the module-level selection will be going away eventually, replaced with game type and mod selection. The player will have to select a game type, which will select the module defining the game type and all its dependencies. The player would optionally select mods. In the mean time the module selection screen provides rough modding support, so removing it would be a step backwards in my mind.

Ignoring that... I think it would be simpler just to set what modules you want to have mandatory than merge all of them into one.