mouse button behavior

Would you be willing to change the right mouse button behaviour?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What are mouse buttons? Give me more key bindings!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
You probably don't actually need core, I added to test whether multiple dependencies was an issue (since I have no idea what your actual dependencies are :p)

Good to hear you got it working though.

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
thanks for adding this so quickly, I'll leave in core just in case for now, this is the mod.txt now for miniions:
Code:
{
    "id" : "miniion",
    "displayName" : "Miniions",
    "author" : "the root of all evil",
    "description" : "A prototype of summonable, commandable minions",
    "dependencies" : ["core", "oreominions", "cakelie", "craft", "grammarSystem"]
}

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
ach, Immortius, you mentioned that the new lwjg would solve the alt tab issue, I'm experiencing the prob regurarly (and completely random) again, I thought it might have been because of the radial I was testing / making, but I was just testing the latest dev and alt tabbing a couple times I completely lost control of mouse input, even with miniion disabled.

Anyway do we need to upgrade lwjg manually or is this part of the gradle magic? Wanted to test this out to.

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
We're already running with the latest version of lwjgl. For future knowledge, the update can be done by updating the version number in build.gradle's dependencies list, and updating index.html for the applet (if it ever works again).

The actual problem I was referring to was caused by holding down a key when alt-tabbing, which the older versions of lwjgl never sent the key up event for - this was fixed in their latest release. Losing mouse control is not a problem I've experienced, so might be something else? Can you describe the problem in more detail - does mouse look no longer work? Or is it just clicking that no longer works?

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
it's a complete loss of mouse input, only keyboard still reacts. No cursor either, so it's as if you can't set focus to the game window anymore. usually to alt tab away I press escape, so the pauze menu shows, but I can't press buttons anymore. Last 2 times it happened I was tabing to gimp to paste screenshot when it happened.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
I can confirm that issue, but don't know how/if one can really reproduce it. "The game window is not selectable" describes it very well, I can see the normal OS mouse pointer on top then.
But I think its not only alt+tab, but rather leaving the game window in any way (experienced it when working on two desktops).

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Hmm. Unfortunately I've been doing this like crazy while developing multiplayer (need to have two windows open and switch between them constantly for testing) without experiencing this. So I guess it might system dependent in some way.

Then again, one big difference between a multiplayer game and a single player one is that I disable the bit of code that causes the main loop to go into sleep mode when the window loses focus. You could try disabling it (perhaps linking it to a config setting) and see if that helps. The block of code to look for is:

Code:
if (!Display.isActive() && !TerasologyEngine.isEditorAttached()) {
                try {
                    Thread.sleep(1000);
                } catch (InterruptedException e) {
                    logger.warn("Display inactivity sleep interrupted", e);
                }
            }
in TerasologyEngine.

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
looking at a controller based setup experiment, I'm also gonna add keybindings called toolbarnext and toolbarprevious, so they can be bound to backbuttons on a gamepad to scroll the toolbar, and most likely double them to scroll the radial. I'm guessing laptop users could also benefit from those.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
By the way, can you try to merge the »mini-inventory« from @AAdeonnto the core GUI/Control? I liked that a lot, and its not only useful for crafting…

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
sure, don't think that will be hard to do, I'll add a binding called inventoryshift or so and add it to the options while I'm at it. That way people can customize it to.