Music made its way into Blockmania

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
I've just added the current version of the soundtrack by Karina to the game. The pieces of music are executed as "WorldTimeEvents" on specified times of the day (currently sunrise, sunset and afternoon).

Let me know what you think! :geek:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
There, finally got a chance to check it out, via the applet version on the blog. Oddly enough the sound is screwed up when I load up the game locally via IntelliJ, so I figured the music would be too. Well, was curious if the applet was up to date, and not only is it but the music worked great :)

Music seems very fitting for the game - kudos to Karina! :D

Noticed two quirks: The music keeps playing after entering "exit" to quit via the console. Not sure if that also happens locally, or only via applet. It seemed to play right through a world regen, didn't even lag, which is both kind of impressive and kind of "Huh, wonder if it is supposed to work that way or there's no terminating event attached" :)

Second quirk was that after I regen'ed the world I started in an oddly dark world. I had in fact started inside a cave :D

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Added that sounds are stopped when a world gets disposed. This should fix the first quirk. The second one is so rare I did not care to extend the calculation of the spawning point till now – but it's on my list.