Did you ever have the same problem?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe

• Total voters
When I downloaded the new version I replaced the files with the old ones (I think) and now I can't play Terasology. What's wrong?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
We need a lot more detail than that and a lot less poll :D

Explain what you did, step by step, paths included, symptoms of the crash explained. Best thing you can do is use a brand new directory - the SAVED_WORLDS directory often will cause trouble for newer builds.

If you make a new directory, put the zip you download in that directory, expand it normally, run the game - and if it still doesn't work, then look in the /logs directory that shows up and copy paste the content of the log file there to this thread

I think i combined it in some way with the old game files because that there already was a Terasology directory in my Documents directory, and I think it was the only option. Then I think it said that a file was missing, but I closed the message before I read exactly what file it was. I think it had the word game in its filename. When I tried again, Terasology closed again, but the message didn't show up. Then I posted this thread, and then I saw your reply. Now I tell what happened. Is this the info you need?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Not really, I'm afraid, that's still too vague. Try this:

1) Download the zip file from Jenkins
2) Make a directory on your desktop called "Terasology"
3) Move the zip file there from wherever it gets saved
4) Right click it and extract the contents
5) Run the exe and see what happens

The old directory is most likely toast - need a nice new fresh one.