Archived Perlin with setup

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Awesome! :)

Funny to see my dated preview generator code actually come to use for the end users - or am I seeing ghosts?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I think it might have been used for inspiration / cloning. Actually had to rename it later after the "dev" dir was flagged for Java inclusion and clashed with the new shiny :D

MPratt

Contributor
I did port this over the MP branch and added the ability to move your spawn point. Worked a bit on flattening out the world in places. Other then that looked at the over size of the program and if it could run out of a browser at all.

MPratt

Contributor
@belga That is actually your preview generator. I rewrote it a bit so that the texture stays in memory. I added the ability to zoom in and out and did a few other things.

See what happens when you leave spare code laying about?

UberWaffe

Contributor
Design
I'm trying to draw up MoSCoW requirements for all incubator threads (First test release, first playable release, full release). In an effort to help the contributors flesh out ideas and importance of features.
Would you like me to do so for this thread?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
This one might need to be expanded to a more specific purpose first, otherwise it might already have achieved its goal :)

Really, the long-term goal I see here is the next step of applying customizations to the whole world gen process, which is one of the other threads. This one might need to just be moved to the Dev Portal sometime as a completed one-time feature.