Okay guys, this is going to be overview of the whole TS project. You will hopefully find information about who is working on what, what are the threads you might be interested in, who is the contact person for a specific topic and so on.
I would highly appreciate your help/contribution to this thread by giving me PMs or leaving comments beneath so that I can constantly update this post to keep it up to date/ add new information.
- Contact Persons:Cervator
- Git Dev Setup instructions
- Git wiki
- Code Style Conventions : IMPORTANT!!!
- Incubator : all things currently under development/refinement.
- Math Lib : Call for feature request!!! There is currently a call for feature request running regarding the math lib. So if you have any wishes …
- Asset API : Sooner or later you'll get in contact with this
- Entity System Concepts : An introduction to the entity system. For more detailed information on how to use it, have a look at Entity System Architecture.
- Logging : Explanantion of the Logging-System.
- Launcher : Download and update the game with a launcher application (Curator: @mmkalb@MMrBarsack@SSkaldarnar/INDENT]
- Books and Bookcases : Adds books and bookcases to the world, allowing users to read (and write?) books as well as storing them in bookcases. (Curator: @B!0HAX)
- Status Effects : System to apply status effects to the player (and others) mainly through the use of potions. (Curator: @B!0HAX)
- Per-block data storage : What core data do we store at a per-block level? Block ID, light values, extras
- Blockinator : (Contributor/Curator needed!)
Crafting System: ironchefpython, eleazzaar
- Physics Arc : The Physics Arc covers a range of improvements to how collision and physics is done within Terasology.
- Modding Arc : The modding arc covers a range of improvements aimed at providing basic mod support without having to change the engine itself.
- Games Modes Config : how do you select and possibly later tweak what makes up a game mode (or "world options"). Based on some kind of modding system.
- Entity System Architecture : The entitiy system is the core system for game logic. Its flexible and easy to expand.
- Multiplayer Arc : recent updates on multiplayer
Combat Framework: aherber
- Combat Framework (Incubator) : Technical combat system that'll be able to support actual combat content
- Anatomy : My fit best in the combat framework section - some thoughts about granular damage zones.
- Skeletal Animation System : Framework for supporting models with animated limbs that can dynamically change in-game (not just baked into a model object). Hopefully should be able to support in-game creation / tweaking
- Varying fog
- Preview Renderer : A tool for rendering smaller block structures in a spinable view. Maybe a good starting point for project participation. (awaiting a curator!)
- Oculus Rift
User Interface (UI):
- Future GUI : Thoughts on GUI elements and how they should be managed (e.g. mods can expand the UI using JSON definitions, ...)
- Input options and UI : An options UI providing game settings and in particular custom key bindings
- Games Modes Config : Enhance Start Playing / Create World GUI pieces with more world options (like the flat world option)
- GUI Layout : Coming up with the central design for GUI components on the main player screen