Proposal for The Terasology Foundation - GSoC 2019 (by TheHxn)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey there :)

I went through your proposal but I think you might want to go over the GSOC student guide and/or some other proposals to get a better idea of what a proposal is actually meant to be. It needs to be a road map for how you plan to spend 3 months implementing very specific features to accomplish some specific overarching goals, but this one reads more like an enjoyable car ride through the countryside. Great stuff and all but ... not really a GSOC project plan :)

We'd love to get all these features, certainly! But when we do GSOC we have to follow some very specific guidelines about how to run the projects. It tends to take a long time to figure out and write up a really nice proposal. If you're short on time this GSOC you're still more than welcome to continue the learning and contributing process, GSOC or not :thumbsup:

TheHxn

Thanks for the feedback. I am correcting the mistakes and rewriting the required data. I guess you're right about the plan, specially the enjoyable car ride through the countryside haha.. Just give me some time, I'll do some more research and make my proposal a real one ;)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Reviewed again. Improving, but the sad reality is that we'd probably need another week or two and some more deep code dives to get this proposal somewhere really nice :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Don't feel bad - regardless of selection merely applying and working with mentors on a serious proposal should be a valuable learning experience, plus it sets you up for more than just GSOC. Depends on your interest and availability of course. Thank you for sticking with the process :)