Screenshot for the README and profile pages

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
I've made some new slightly modified screenshots of Blockmania. Maybe one is good enough to replace the current image used in the README and blog/Facebook page?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Is the blurriness / lens flare normal, or is that some of the stuff that's been added lately? I can't recall it. It seems a nice concept but a tad overly pronounced to me?

I've seen awesome vistas myself just generating a world and hopping around a bit, definitely potential to replace the "world logo" with a snazzier version. Not to mention putting a more diverse image gallery somewhere :)

begla

Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Cervator said:
Is the blurriness / lens flare normal, or is that some of the stuff that's been added lately? I can't recall it. It seems a nice concept but a tad overly pronounced to me?

I've seen awesome vistas myself just generating a world and hopping around a bit, definitely potential to replace the "world logo" with a snazzier version. Not to mention putting a more diverse image gallery somewhere :)
That's just me playing around with my beloved tilt-shift effect and Photoshop... Anton might add some depth of field effect later on, but that's me talking about the future. :) Before I create some new screenshots...

Why don't we start collecting some nice screenshots and choose the best looking ones to create a new gallery (or update the gallery on my blog).

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah I'll start grabbing some when I get a chance - plenty of potential :)

I'm not sure touched up screenshots are the way to go tho - even if it is minor it isn't a perfectly accurate representation of the game itself? I might just be off on a tangent that doesn't matter there :)

begla

Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Cervator said:
Yeah I'll start grabbing some when I get a chance - plenty of potential :)

I'm not sure touched up screenshots are the way to go tho - even if it is minor it isn't a perfectly accurate representation of the game itself? I might just be off on a tangent that doesn't matter there :)
I agree. If we add true HDR rendering, a (less penetrant) depth of field and a lens flare effect to the game later on, those screenshots might become reality. Anton is on the right track there... :)

Adeon

terasology.ru
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Logistics
It looks like a specification for me.:) I am developing and adding new effects for blockmana, such as bloom, lens flare and dof.
By the way, at the moment I'm spending more time on the algorithm that generates clouds.
You can see the result in the branch "SkySphere" :)
I'm going to finish the sky very soon (but it doesn't mean 've already finished it).
All I am to do for the sake of that is to paint the beautiful texture of the stars. I'm doing that at the moment.
And after that I'll start working with the SFX, described above.