Some 64X64 Textures

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hey LuegNich, welcome to the forum :)

The textures look great, and I think there will be an easy way in the future to use higher resolution textures. I have to say I'm quite excited to try them out in-game…

metouto

Contributor
Art
They do look very nice LugNich. What program did you use to create them ???:coffee:

LuegNich

the most of the textures I buyed the rest are from cgtextures[dot]com
the programms are gimp and PSE 10

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
What about the licensing for these textures? As TS is open source, I think all of the stuff distributed must be open source as well … please correct me if I'm wrong.

LuegNich

some of the texutres are from cgtextures[dot]com you can use it for free when you not use it comercial, the other one I buyed, so I'm not sure if everyone can use it... I know that I can use it comercial and not comercial so I thing theres no problem to make it open source (I hope you understand it, my English is verry bad :D )

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey LuegNich - quite an impressive amount of textures, they look great! :)

I'd love to get something like this in-game when we can support it, but yeah we'd need to be absolutely sure with licensing/attribution. Part of the reason we're aiming to discontinue the textures from Good Morning Craft! is because we wouldn't have 100% rights to them

If some of them are from a site and some you purchased we'd need to know exactly which are from where and what the terms are :)

LuegNich

ok I'm looking and its so I have the rights but i can't say it's open source (because just I bought the licens of some textures)

I just can do it like a TexturePack: -you can download it and install it, play with it...
- nobody can reuploaded it (now change or anything)

I'm verry sorry about this :( but I cant do anything
(I know my English is bad)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yup, you could totally do it as a module / texture pack, that's right - when we can support it anyway. We can't add it to core, but that doesn't mean it won't be useful! That's a big set of handy textures for testing when we do implement hi-res :scootangel:

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hey LuegNich, nice to see your textures in game :)

I am not sure what exactly you mean with buggy textures, but if its about the side of grass blocks you can/have to fix it yourself - don't worry, its as easy as replacing any other texture ;)

You have to override the "effects.png"[1] in the assets/textures folder by using the same mechanism as for the other textures.The grass overlay should have the same outline as your grass texture.

Hope that helps ;)

Edit: I actually don't know if you can use 64x64 textures in the "effects.png". I fear we are limited to 16x16 tiles in there, but that will change in the future.

[1] https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/blob/develop/src/main/resources/assets/textures/effects.png

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey LuegNich - thanks for keeping an eye out for when hi-res support was added! Those textures do look really nice in-game :)

Now we're going to have to keep an eye out for better support to pull in third party modules we can't host ourselves due to licensing issues. Will improve sooner or later!

Janred

Contributor
Art
Yea, awesome Textures LuegNich ;)
I see your Glass-Tile hasnt got the same thickness on each side, have you had the same issue, that when you place it ingame one pixel on the right and bottom is missing?
I love the Inventory and Container, thats really my taste :p

HeartOfGermany

Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher
( Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher )

Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher
Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher :D
(Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher ) (Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher Droggelbecher

Judging to your Profile picture your name is Droggelbecher! I hope you got this. :D :p Hahaha.

Nice textures anyway!