Archived Some Feedback

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
I just played the latest version of Terasology and got some feedback for gameplay and graphics :)

• The default move speed should be way faster, compared to minecraft you are moving really slow
  • The comic-like outlines are a little bit too strong, they should be a little bit weaker
  • Unified icon style - the block icons are looking way more realistic than item icons, which are more or less pixel art based comic style
  • The default blur strength should be a little bit lower, even though it is adjustable I think it is way to strong for a normal gameplay
  • The ingame graphics are looking really beautiful, thumbs up for the graphics style development

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Aw, I can't access file upload sites from work so I can't see that :(

Able to just attach the .jpg to a post here?

nodots

Cervator: I just uploaded it... I agree, it could be done better. Even a font outline, or just a gray bar behind the affected text would work.

Chrisk: I don't know if the normal movement should be any faster, but there probably should be more difference between normal and run.

Attachments

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh! Yeah, that settings screen totally needs a square background for the labels :)

I talked to jamoozy a little while ago about maybe doing some work on the settings GUI. Will ping him separately and see how it is going :D

nodots

I kept forgetting to post that issue... I just defaulted to my Linux style, and hand edited the conf file. ;)

christutty

Second vote from me that the blur kicked in really close, and made the world feel a bit "enclosed". Also, because it's so strong the blur was impacted by what was in the centre of your field of vision so as I rotated objects in the middle distance would blur in and out.

Of course that made me want to get into the code and make it configurable. I have a premonition of how my evenings will be spent...

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi christutty - the blur is already configurable in the graphic settings, or at least the intensity is. I've been wondering for a while if maybe we should default to "some" rather than "max" :)

Either way always good with more people tinkering! Happy to have it.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
begla is changing the blur default. That was easy! :)

"Survival" --> "Normal" for now too, since it really isn't much about survival yet, especially with no extra modules enabled like hunger or creatures