Stable build #24 - change list

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Been a long two months since the last one so it was time :)

Main reason for the long wait has been the focus on infrastructure and future prep. The Jenkins change list doesn't do the period justice, I covered some of the other news in another post for non-core content changes. Below are the actual code changes:
  • Lots more graphic wizardry by begla - Terasology has never looked better (1, 2, 3)! Also may be performing better / working better on some systems, and audio got better too :)
  • There is also a standalone "TeraEd.exe" now for easier 3d wizardry refinement where shader settings and such can be modified in extreme detail
  • Some more Gradle tweaks, checkstyle stuff, and Launcher prep by mkalb
  • Fences and rails by Adeon and A'nW along with other block shape work and the tutorials (1, 2)
  • Chunk refactoring by Panserbjoern
  • Couple nice changes by Skaldarnar so you can now immediately replace plant type blocks and throw containers with their contains maintained within them! Which seems strangely neat :D
  • Assorted improvements by Immortius like how modules now can have dependencies on each others or how our volume controls actually work! Most his work is still on the multiplayer branch
  • Some jar switchery by ahoehma
  • Initial clues by myself and Stuthulhu for a content piece that'll hopefully become a substantial part of the next big build - involving creatures and primitive societal development (sort of like miniions but without the player)
  • A fix for an OpenGL issue encountered on multiple Mac systems by philip-wernersbach
  • Assorted minor fixes by sdab + Xeano + jamoozy
  • And last but not least I finally went and grabbed the many new plants from metouto that had made it into the forum a little while back :)
Other stuff going on include multiplayer as mentioned, aherber is still making updates to his combat branch and it is getting surprisingly sophisticated, Adeon is playing with minecarts, and we did the Leap prototype

Next stable build should have some more stuff interesting to the players rather than just mostly the geeks :geek: