T-Shirts, Merchandise & Co

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Nice! Sweet to actually see that on a real shirt. I came here to post the reminder that we have a bunch of shirt designs and that's one of them, haha :D

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
What do you need to get it printed right? I'd like to have a shirt, maybe with the latest splashscreen image or at least something similar. Maybe without the images in the background and gooey instead?
https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/blob/develop/facades/PC/src/main/resources/splash.jpg

Maybe @SuperSnark can be our Merchandise artist and design a few more? :rolleyes:

@Skaldarnar do you have the design in high-res and willing to give it out? I guess the T-Shirt guy wants a vector graphics of it.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I figure there are some sites out there that support setting up a little mini storefront with a few images + a few types of swag. Would be handy to be able to grab a shirt or mousepad etc by just hopping on a site already prepared :)

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
For now, I'd be happy to go to my local T-Shirt-printer-guy and give him the design on a USB-stick :)

I like the idea of a webshop, though. The only one I know is:

http://www.spreadshirt.com/

They sell shirts, mugs, etc.
You can even "sell" your designs to them and earn money as they sell stuff with your design on it.
This money could go to the donation account, then into bounties, leading to better code, then better game, more fans, more merchandise sells ... woo!!

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
@msteiger, the forum badges and other Gooey designs are available for download as SVG in the Mascot-Logo-Badges thread. I will look for the splash image, I should have a bigger resolution somewhere, but surely no vector graphics.

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Thanks for the image @Skaldarnar . I uploaded it without the images to Spreadshirt:

upload_2015-1-19_21-0-40.png

It looks okay, but I think it could be improved. Maybe add more text? A quote from Patreon:
It takes all kinds of weirdos to build a game this cool

Or maybe add Gooey? The neon-green one? Ideas welcome

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh I thought you wanted the whole splash image :D

Since it seems these sites charge per color maybe a simple green Gooey (with black for eyes etc) would be a nice extra without inflating the cost too much. Although I suppose we might need a more basic Gooey (fewer shades of green)

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
At least Spreadshirt doesn't seem to care about the number of colors. It's 18€ no matter which image I use. Do we have a high-res Gooey somewhere? Or maybe the purple slimy one? I can't find them through the search box :(

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Very nice! And good color choice :)

I wonder how nicely the Gooey will print (detail-wise) at that size

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
We should do a GSoC edition of shirts for students and mentors :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I'm on board with GSoC editions / swag :) Earlier I found the GSoC suggestion to send something small to students with nice apps even though they didn't make the cut, as a token of appreciation. Surely we'd be a bit late for that now but still could do it. I figured sticker sheets and talked to @SuperSnark some about it.

We'll get a little extra funding at an org level from GSoC so we could spend a little on swag for sure.