Archived terasology graphic error

Wolfgange

when I come in terasology in a pure world go a graphics error
"go a graphics error" is not that descriptive. As the mods usually say, please post a copy of the log file, describe what happens in more detail (After you click create new world, does the progress bar get to the end, or does it stop at a location?, etc.) and post the name of your graphics card.

(And for a mod, I believe this should be moved to the "Support" section).

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thanks Wolfgange - yep, moved to support, and more details needed please Gaming4me32 :)

Age of your computer and whether you have your latest graphics drivers are also important.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
GeForce 7300 GS is from 2005-2006, and WinXP .. well, the computer might just be too old, sorry :(

There's a small chance Terasology.log might have one or more errors we can fix, if you can find it and attach the file here, but it isn't very likely

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thanks for the log file :)

These are the errors:

19:55:50.894 [main] ERROR o.t.r.opengl.DefaultRenderingProcess - FrameBuffer: sceneOpaque, has caused a GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_FORMATS_EXT exception
19:55:50.910 [main] ERROR o.t.r.opengl.DefaultRenderingProcess - FrameBuffer: sceneOpaquePingPong, has caused a GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_FORMATS_EXT exception
19:55:50.910 [main] ERROR o.t.r.opengl.DefaultRenderingProcess - FrameBuffer: sceneReflectiveRefractive, has caused a GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_FORMATS_EXT exception
Unfortunately there are no more specific errors listed we can really look at, so I suspect this is just from age of the card :(

Wolfgange

I'm not sure if this would possibly help (Although it couldn't get worse), but if you booted off of a live linux CD, installed java, and tried to run terasology, there's a very small chance it might fix the problem. Most of the times, linux drivers would cause the problems, but you never know until you try...