WIP [Texture] Church Doors

metouto

Contributor
Art
Here is an idea for a church door ....
One side of the door will be 1 block wide x 3 blocks
tall so in all the doorway will 2 blocks wide x 3 blocks
tall .....

BottomLeft (like a new door) BottomLeft ChurchDoor2.PNG BottomLeft (smudged to look older)

BottomRight (like a new door)BottomRight ChurchDoor2.PNG BottomRight (smudged to look older)

MiddleLeft (like a new door) MiddleLeft ChurchDoor2.PNG MiddleLeft (smudged to look older)

MiddleRight (like a new door) MiddleRight ChurchDoor2.PNG MiddleRight (smudged to look older)

TopLeft (like a new door) Topleft ChurchDoor2.PNG TopLeft (smudged to look older)

TopRight (like a new door) TopRight ChurchDoor2.PNG TopRight (smudged to look older)

(Updated the above now that I can play in "gimp2.8")

Not a church door but a wooden house door (could not remember how to change title)

might look a little to halloweeny but it is a door 1 block wide x 2 block tall

Here is a metal house door

TopMetalDoor

BottomMetalDoor

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Looking good! I still need to figure out how to actually use them. There's DoorSystem which somehow uses door shapes, but I can't figure out the details. Maybe Cervator knows?

metouto

Contributor
Art
Hi msteiger ... Thanks and I hope they look good in the game:) Sorry to say I can't help you out here :cry: I can only make parts & the code wizards make them work ....but you are right Cervator knows how or knows someone who does (he lives downunder) know how :coffee:

metouto

Contributor
Art
updated 1st post because I have been playing in gimp thanks to immortius' help:D (he did not know he was creating a monster when he did it I am sure ;) ). :coffee:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Screenie!

Doors.jpg

I'll have to play with it more to add the door shape and functionality :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
The church doors are not bad ... door handle on left is smaller than the right ...
and the snugging of the church doors to the right did not look old and rusted like I had hopedo_O

The 1st door just turned out different than I expected:rolleyes:

And the 3rd door the white areas should have been see-through:eek:

I still have a lot to learn :cry: but coffee will help .... :coffee: .... after another look it think it was not bad for a 1st try :whistle:

Thanks for showing me what the door look like :)

Esereja

Contributor
adding hsv-noise to those image would make them look beter, by making them be more uneven.

metouto

Contributor
Art
Hi Eserrja, I am VERY new to making this kind of stuff ... I had to search out what you meant by "adding hsv-noise" .... and your are right from what I read that it would be better to have this. My problem is I am not sure I could do this at the stage of learning I am at today.

I'm sure that this would be add by someone who puts my things into terasology (if they are good enough). I will work on getting better as days go by so please don't every hesitate to stop by one of my posts and let me know how I can improve .... again Esereja thanks for the suggestion and I will see what I can do:coffee:

Esereja

Contributor
what program you use, in gimp there is filter to do this for you.(filters->noise->hsv-noise)

metouto

Contributor
Art
I use Paint.net but I am learning Gim2.8 ..... i will look as you have suggested ... thanks :coffee:

Edited ... Yes it is there and I will work with it to see what I may come up with it :coffee:

Edited .... I have to get some things fixed so it will be a day or two before I am able to add this to the files :( but will :coffee:

Edited ... I have got things fixed (thanks 2 Cervator) & will add hsv-noise tomorrow (maybe):coffee:

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hi msteiger ... Thanks and I hope they look good in the game:) Sorry to say I can't help you out here :cry: I can only make parts & the code wizards make them work ....but you are right Cervator knows how or knows someone who does (he lives downunder) know how :coffee:

As far as I remember the door system was a bit buggy the last days I worked with it (single parts could be destroyed seperately), but possibly due to a lot of version changes around that time.

metouto

Contributor
Art
As Eserrja suggested above I have added HSV Noise ;) Because i did not know what I was doing I used the default settings of .... Hardness 2 .... Hue 2 .... Saturation 10 .... Value .... 10 :cautious: and here is what I have gotten ....
TopLeft.png TopLeft TopRight.png TopRight
MiddleLeft.png MiddleLeft MiddleRight.png MiddleRight
BottomLeft.png BottomLeft BottomRight.png BottomRight

TopLeftSmudgd.png TopLeftSmudged TopRightSmudged.png TopRightSmudged
MiddleLeftSmudged.pngMiddleLeftSmudged MiddleRightSmudged.png MiddleRightSmudged

(continued next post ....)

metouto

Contributor
Art
BottomLeftSmudged.png BottomLeftSmudged BottomRightSmudged.png BottomRightSmudged

TopHouseDoor.png TopHouseDoor BottomHouseDoor.png BottomHouseDoor

TopMetalDoor.png TopMetalDoor BottomMetalDoor.png BottomMetalDoor

BottomMetalDoor2.png TopMetalDoor2 BottomMetalDoor2.png BottomMetalDoor2

A "smudged" door was done to make it look older

"MetalDoor2" should have a part at top/bottom you can see through

All the doors (in this post & above post) should have HSV Noise add to them