The Great Convergence

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Alright, finally digging out from under my on-call week. I guess one advantage of getting up before sunrise is that I can make it back home and report something constructive here as well before I'd even normally have eaten lunch ... :sleep:

I added a new "distForLauncher" task that puts the files the Launcher needs back into their exact old locations

Restructure job's artifacts under "build": http://jenkins.movingblocks.net/job/TerasologyRestructure/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/
Develop job's artifacts under "build": http://jenkins.movingblocks.net/view/Main/job/Terasology/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/

Perfect match! With one added property at the end of the version file. Might one day clean that up a little more (next great convergence? heh) but for now I hope this is what we need to get the Launcher up to speed :)

mkalb - will this along with your recent tweaks to the launcher be enough to make everything work? I can push/overwrite develop with restructure whenever and apply the updates to the build job in Jenkins. If all is well should we do another stable Launcher release?

mkalb

Contributor
Logistics
I will look at it the next days. I am planning to release a stable launcher version 1.1.0 with the new "legacy" job and the new features.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I will look at it the next days. I am planning to release a stable launcher version 1.1.0 with the new "legacy" job and the new features.
Excellent - thanks! :)

Would it be helpful to test against the Nanoware jobs ? I figure we can redirect from the normal jobs to the appropriate Nanoware variant, then push the Terasology code to that GitHub organization. Would allow for easy comparison between different job types without needing to mess with the live jobs running off the MovingBlocks org.

If you're happy with current testing ability then don't worry about it for now :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Good stuff today, and great work by mkalb to get the launcher up to speed, many thanks :)

I split out the remaining modules from the old develop branch, we now have a bunch: https://github.com/Terasology

They all also have jobs in Jenkins and the GitHub hook enabled so they'll automatically build when changes are pushed. Most of them are on the "Pending" tab since they need review before being seriously ready - I'm going to do a little more of that soonish. So far I just updated them with the latest format module.txt, including some of the existing modules - which looks kinda neat when all pushed at once (26 repos!):

Start_2013-10-27_14-01-05.png

Next up is tweaking them a little more and making issues for those that need overhauls, badgering some people about that :)

With the launcher prepped I can also overwrite develop and master plus post my shiny news post. Excited!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Still working a bit of prep - finished prepping a milestone on GitHub with all the overhaul needs for old develop modules (sorry for the notification spam for anybody listening!). Wanted that ready for inclusion in the big planned news post I'm working on. Really looking forward to another 3.5ish day upcoming weekend, limited how much I can squeeze in weekday evenings before I ... zzz..z... :sleep:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Okay, I think all the t's are crossed and all the i's dotted - ran a dry run through the Nanoware branches to make sure the commands are right (don't want to delete any branches!) and get the massive change pages for master and develop. This way I'm also sure what to change in Jenkins - and caught a whoops where the main build broke as it couldn't find the "Test" module anymore (was renamed to "Sample")

Internet crapping out again too, sucks when it takes 30 minutes to download the game zip :sleep:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
One item I've noticed, we still need to split out TeraEd as a facade.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Bump - still spending a little time now and then on more polish here, this weekend hasn't been as productive as hoped though, alas :)

I just updated all the module jobs in Jenkins to all look the same and use the latest Java 7, the proper source jobs for engine artifacts (they were still set to TerasologyRestructure, not the plain Terasology after develop got updated), and I toggled a "git clean" under the SCM options (thanks for the suggestion synopia - at least I think it was you!). This fixed the Maze module as well as the Pathfinding one that uncovered the issues in the first place.

Cleaned up the Nanoware branches a bit too, those had been left dangling in a divergent state after manually applying the restructure to the main branches. So now those can more easily be used for Jenkins testing.

Also got a hold of AlbireoX so we can sort out Gooey on IRC again, I'd like to move him into Jenkins proper. Exact setup is still flexible as what language he's in and such is really up to who is willing to spend the time teaching him GitHub and Jenkins. I think synopia might also have expressed some interest there.

Finally msteiger has started doing a bit of Eclipse work which is pretty cool - it might not be our primary IDE but it would be nice to have it get to a similar maturity level as our setup for IntelliJ. Speaking of: have a contributor badge!