The *Pilot* Guy (Pilot)

ThePilotGuy

• Name: ThePilotGuy (Pilot)
  • Skills / Tools: Adobe Master Collection, Computer, Fraps, Graphics Design (I'm basic at it, but I'm learning.) Video Editing, Forum Development, Website Development, baics of python (aka very little knowledge), and I have experience with running things on a server such as SSH, FTP, and SQL.
  • Found via: A friend linked me. (He found it on youtube.)
  • Interests: What interests me is that BlockMania is a fresh perspective on the "genre" Minecraft has brought into play. I have been an avid Minecraft fan for a long time, and for me and I know for a lot of others, the game has grown stale, and the community isn't what it was a year ago. BlockMania, with its fresh, new community and developers, I see as a future success, and I'd like to be a part of it.
  • Extra: I'm not saying that I will commit to being a contributor yet (If you accept me). I need a little bit of time before I do, things are a bit busy for me around now, and I don't know if I'l have enough time to contribute. If I was one one, then I would be able to to mainly work with logo and image design, and with the forum and website. (But, of course, it's your decision on what people do around here, right?) A website I recently created (http://minecrafthub.org/) should show my skills with forum software and designing the look of a website.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome, and thanks for your kind words! The holidays are bound to be a bit scattered for all of us, so we'll see more closely what potential abounds in January :)

Even if you don't think you can contribute directly to code, doing some texture work would probably come natural, should you wish to give that a try. Check out the http://wiki.movingblocks.net/Main/DevSetup page if you like - don't get scared off by it though, there's a lot of detail and not all of it is needed to just get started!

Also, nice website :D

ThePilotGuy

Cervator said:
Welcome, and thanks for your kind words! The holidays are bound to be a bit scattered for all of us, so we'll see more closely what potential abounds in January :)

Even if you don't think you can contribute directly to code, doing some texture work would probably come natural, should you wish to give that a try. Check out the http://wiki.movingblocks.net/Main/DevSetup page if you like - don't get scared off by it though, there's a lot of detail and not all of it is needed to just get started!

Also, nice website :D
Thank you for your kind words. :)\

Yes, I can work on textures. I could probably come up with a better looking forum theme too...
I've looked at the page... a bit complicated but not scary... :laugh:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Cool. I'll come up with more detailed texture requirements soon (holidays and all), tho our requirements won't really get heavy until we start adding creatures :)

In the meantime feel free to go through the DevSetup page and look around at the current block texture setup etc. If you like you can even look at offering alternative 16x16 textures for some of the basic blocks, like trees, minerals, etc, as we'll eventually want our own (rather than borrow from an existing texture pack)

ThePilotGuy

This probably should go into the dev forum, but I'd like to know you at least like this before contributing other textures.

I've quickly created a few textures, simple ones, that could make up oak trees. I don't know if you'll like them or not, but here they are as a tree in a different game:

The logs might be a bit glossy, but I like them how they are.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
From what I can see on my laptop the logs look good. Leaves might need a little pruning so the edges look cleaner, but otherwise cool stuff :D