Trip to Europe including maybe Frankfurt?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I've been tinkering with the idea of going to Europe here to catch the 10th anniversary of EVE Online via Fanfest at the end of April so I'll have multiple reasons to go, also including visiting my family in Denmark and maybe passing by somewhere in Germany to meet some Terasology people, likely in Frankfurt since that's apparently where all the action is at :)

At first I missed out on the Fanfest tickets but an EVE friend came through last minute and clued me in to a quiet alternative venue to get official tickets (nothing shady, I promise!). I haven't purchased plane tickets yet, but just sorted out the finances so I should be able to make it happen.

Fanfest is April 24th-27th so I'll likely take off from here on the 22nd or 23rd. Would then fly to Denmark on the 28th or so. After that I'm uncertain how long to stay, but it'll at least include the weekend of the 4th & 5th of May. Considering taking a train to somewhere in Germany then, who knows, if we can gather enough people in a location somewhere we can do a small LAN party (another MC End battle?) or just go nuts on coding for a weekend.

I'll have my work laptop with me, which isn't the best, but it'll run Terasology alright. My wife will also be tagging along :)

Anybody interested? Any good dates / interesting things happening around that time?

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Count me in (for whatever we will be doing exactly)! :) :) :)

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
Pssttt Vlog so I can experience it too without buying a plane ticket and flying half way across the world lol (I'm cheap and broke and a slacker)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah I suspect some sort of recording / online streaming would be involved :)

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
Next trip to: Buffalo NY, for some good chicken wings while we play terasology. :)

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
OMG!
Yeah, I'll do everything to participate. (In fact I just sent a sms to skip all training on this sunday :D )
Would be nice to code again for terasology or just meet you guys!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Okay, it is official, I've got the plane tickets lined up too. Will dedicate the weekend of May 4th to hanging around in Germany :)

NowNewStart

Contributor
I would come too, but it's a bit hard to travel from Passau to Frankfurt (5 hours with train), and I'm 16, so I have Money Problems :D So sry, I can't :(

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Does anybody know a good hotel/hostel in Frankfurt? Couch surfing?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I wish for a magic place with both accommodations, free wifi, computers, ample space, and now a piano, but am not sure how many we can hit at once - anybody feel free to search around though :D

Meaning to talk to begla this weekend about the final details. Main day will be Saturday the 4th as he ran into some surprise plans made for him on the Sunday ;)

I might be open for both days, will know more soon

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps