- Name: Cynthia "woodspeople" Kurtz.
- From: US, upstate New York.
- Skills / Tools: Programmer for about 25 years, Python, C++, Smalltalk, Delphi, various dead languages. Best at interface design, visual design, writing, tech writing, science. Examples of developed software are here, here, here.
- Found via: My son and I are on a homeschooling journey together. We discovered Minecraft about six months ago and have been on a building frenzy ever since. We made a few texture packs (here, here) and were thinking about doing a mod next, but then my husband said, why don't you see if there is anything open source you can contribute to? So we found this. BTW we love the waving grass and rising and falling water. Much more ... something.
- Interests: I probably won't have time to help with actual coding. Not enough free time, and too much like work... But I can help with feedback/ideas as a software developer, writer and researcher. My research specialty in the past 12 years has been in narrative, that is, stories and how they work (see here and here and here on that).
- Extra: I get bored with the fighting-monsters-who-don't-look-like-you stuff in about three minutes. I had my D&D phase thirty years ago. In my view there are much more interesting challenges when you move beyond simple good-guy-bad-guy fighting (and this is one area where I think an open source sandbox game has tons of potential). Read this blog post as a test: if you hate it I probably wouldn't be of much help to you! And no offense taken if that is true. None of us have time for associations that won't work. On the other hand if what I said sounds intriguing, I would be glad to do my little part to help this project along.