Archived Worldcreating very Slow

B

Baddl

Hi,
i got a problem. The World is poping up very slow in the game... sometimes i seems that i walk in the air and in the next second there are a new part of the world around me. I can see a border of computing blocks all the time around me. I cant look very far without see new blocks popping up, no matter wich settings i use.

AMD Athlon x2 64 Dual Core 5600+
4 GB Ram
Nvidia Gforce 9600GT

is my pc to bad for the game?
Thanks for Help

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Your PC isn't too bad, it is low to mid-range, but Terasology isn't super optimized yet. This will improve over time :)

Curiously, have you had that computer for a long time without reinstalling Windows? Windows PCs tend to slow down over time, especially if you've installed a lot of software and have a bunch of things running in the background.

B

Baddl

Hi,
good to know that my pc istn to slow.
I got a windows 7 System, its some days old but its nearly fast as the first day.
I had closed all other things and set the priority to high(realtime didnt worked^^), the only result is a little bit faster chunk generation(i hope its the right word).

i know that it is a pre alpha, but in different videos seems to be a beter performance than mine, thats the reason for my question.

Ten'son'

Contributor
World
Use CCleaner then Auslogic DiskDefrag, every 3 days ~ .
Update your java to the latest version. (and your graphic card driver)
If laptop, use it far, I mean very far, from any dust. (including your bed)

And never change the priority of a process on Windows. Never!

B

Baddl

hi. my pc is defraging it self when its not used. graphiccard drivers are up to date. why is it so wrong to change the priority? if you want per pm cause offtopic.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
It is hard to really say what might be making it slow on your system. There is lots of good potential for us to make it faster, however - it just may take a little while :)