Architecture
Logistics
Last edited:

Josharias

Conjurer of Grimoires
Contributor
World
SpecOps
I am such a noob. How do I set this up and build it? Is it possibly only configured for eclipse? I seem to be missing some external dependencies? Do I add it similar to a facade?

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
It's not very user-friendly yet, so you need to do a few tricks before it works. It depends on engine and CommonWorld (and currently on Polyworld and Cities for debugging - which it shouldn't).

Next step to discuss (with @Cervator mostly) is about versioning engine and modules properly, so you can specify them in a gradle.build file. (something like engine-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT+1050 should work, but it isn't ideal)
For now, you need to manually add deps. You can replace the world generator with yours here:

https://github.com/MovingBlocks/WorldViewer/blob/master/src/main/java/org/terasology/mapviewer/MainFrame.java#L53

@Josharias: afaics, there is no method yet to retrieve the collection of available un-named facades. Maybe we can talk about improving this on IRC sometime?

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Big news! Starting with v0.3.0 (released yesterday) WorldViewer runs out-of-the-box. It uses PerlinFacetedWorldGenerator by default:

Other cool features are tooltips (tell you about surface height or biome type) and mouse-based camera movement. Enjoy!

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
All hail to WorldViewer! It now supports multiple layers in one view:

It allows allows for interactive configuration of World Generators (left panel) and adjustment of different layers (right panel). A tooltip shows detailed info for a single location.
Feel free to star it on GitHub if you like it :D

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Moar updates!

• There's a second video now, showing on-the-fly configuration of the Perlin world generator.
  • WorldViewer now comes bundled with all known world generators.
  • You can import more JARs or module folders to add more.
  • Aside from layers, overlays are now supported to provide more interactivity.