New blocks (3/14/2012)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Re: New blocks (maybe)

Ok Cervator, ..... but while you were busy and i was redoing the blocks while I was waiting ... most have changed so maybe we better look again then we will comment anew .....

Matter of fact ..... let me see if I can now up date ALL blocks with one new picture and we will start afresh...OK???

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Re: New blocks (maybe)

No problem - we checked in a bunch of stuff, but that's what Git and IntelliJ are so nice for since we can just re-edit and commit again :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
please expand on this ....

.....wonder if we can make something neater that can be re-used as in-game documentation.
Let me know what program to use ... the headings you would like to see on it ... and other things .... and if I have the program I will try to work up a rough draft to see if it is the way you would like it to be .... OK???

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
We might be able to throw some code at the situation rather than writing up a separate document of some sort. Say a list in-game that loads each mineral image along with a description and likely drops, all based on info put in the definition file :)

Anyway, more on that later - way late, time for sleep!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Alright, these blocks are now in the main develop! Full list: TNT, Furnace, Andesite, Bauxite, Chalk, Clay, Conglomerate, Dacite, Diorite, Granite, Kimberlite, Laterites, Peat, Sandy, Silty, Slate, Sulphur, Tin, Loam, Anthracite, Auriferous Quartz, Azurite, Banded Iron, Bituminous, Garnierite, Lignite, Limonite, Magnetite

I applied some tweaks after doing the main pull - fixed a few typos, rearranged some stuff, etc. Fixed the furnace top/bottom, was just a typo. Magnetite PNG is a pure black square tho, I think that one might not have made it right :)

Added tweaks: https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasol ... d83c7d4de5
Wiki note: http://wiki.movingblocks.net/Main/TextureOrigin

Added couple bits of feedback I got from placing 16 of every single block in a world (attached screenie): Conglomerate looks sort of weird? Doesn't look much like mixed rock. Garnierite looks very brilliantly green, which is kind of pretty, but maybe it could use just a few tiny specs of brownish / tan here and there?

I've pondered some how to organize all the "natural" blocks better - but that'll take a little longer. 2 am and wanting to finish :D

Attachments

metouto

Contributor
Art
:D I have had a wonderful week :D You All are so helpful and understand to us (me) who know nothing but are willing to try almost anything to see dreams come true that we have had for our lives for many years. My hat is off to each and everyone of you and only ask that you are bless as much in your lives as you have brought blessings to mine this week :D

I got to spend more hours than I thought I could making blocks for Terasology, by geting up early and staying up late, and in between times of doing things that were on my wife's "honey do list ..." (you who are married know of this list and you others will find it out sometime in you lives ;) ).

But as reality sets back in tonight and I know tomorrow evening I will be back to work and not be able to spend as much time on the blocking making as I would like or on chat with you I will remember this last week always with a big smile on my face.

After downloading the last update of Terasology and looking at the ImageManifest of my saved world ... then comparing them to the other ImageManifest I looked at to get my creativity going I found I have maybe not done as well as I had thought I had :( and this was somewhat sad to me.

But I will not give up trying to improve the ones that are not as good as they should be or coming up with something new :) One thing about this game being in the state it is in is that I can improve :cool:

A big thanks go out from me to all you for all the input you have given me and I hope will continue to give me it is always helpful even if it takes me a while to really understand it.

I believe that Cervator said he corrected some errors I had made in spelling and such and I think Immortius or t3hk0d3 said that they could add a glossiness to the blocks to make them look a little better. Thanks fellows it is good to know someone's got my back :)

I can't wait to see the different layers of rock start to show up in the game and then the minable blocks start to drop things that are usable to create a new world with :cool:

And Begla thanks for letting me be part of your great team here as the game moves forward from here I will strive to be a "+" and not a "-"

Added couple bits of feedback I got from placing 16 of every single block in a world (attached screenie): Conglomerate looks sort of weird? Doesn't look much like mixed rock. Garnierite looks very brilliantly green, which is kind of pretty, but maybe it could use just a few tiny specs of brownish / tan here and there?"
... will try to work on this soon "....

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
You're welcome - and we have a lot of time to work on polish to where everything is pretty and shiny :D

By the way - we should refresh the code on your machine sometime real soon since stuff moved around (easier to deal with the move first, then modify the moved files second, changing the file in the original location can make Git unhappy). Got a small idea to try to see if the SSH issue can be fixed too.

metouto

Contributor
Art
Cervator said:
...we should refresh the code on your machine ...... got a small idea to try to see if the SSH issue can be fixed too.
I am ready when you have the time :cool: