WIP Animals

glasz

Contributor
Art
Wolfghard : not ignoring you, just lacking time, and i need more time to comment on your work and give you indications to improve it. Learn to be patient :) Your last deer is not bad but the level of details doesnt fit with our other models. I'll try to find time to make drawings to help you progress in your work.

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
glasz ok thanks!Have you some ideas about adding some details to the body?Sry for my comment ...(ingnoring)..

glasz

Contributor
Art
cat, dog and panda :

i know i should take the time to make clean sketches, sorry, hope they are usefull nevertheless.

Wolfghard : the body is all right, actually your work is very close to satisfying.

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
glasz my work is only "very close to satisfying" :( !I dont know what i can change ,to make it better than "satisfying"

glasz

Contributor
Art
Ah yes and as a way to keep things organized and cool : dont forget to tell if you intend to work on a specific model, and avoid to pick one that somebody is allready working on of course :)

glasz

Contributor
Art
Wolfghard : nah sorry your work is good :) and i think i'm confusing you with all my suggestions, sorry about that i need to learn my way as an art lead :) Dont get discouraged, we need people like you on board. The mid resolution one is my favourite, and is good. Consider it finished and get started on something else if you feel like it :)

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
glasz ok thats understandable.....I will upload the blender file with the needful images tomorrow and than i will work on dwarfs or sth. like that!!When do you think the first models are added in to the game?
Oh is rigging needful in the body of the models?

glasz

Contributor
Art
rigging is usefull of course
for the implementation i dont know, coders are working on it, i dont know how close they are to include our stuff in the game
beside we also need to animate them all...but we're making good progress, we're on the good track :)

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
Mhh to animate them???I dont think that you can export a model that include a animation..But im not shure!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
overdhose was working on bringing models into the game, but has gone into hibernation due to RL. We badly need somebody to step up and take over that link in the chain :)

Great sketches and models all - keep it up!

As for the Golden Donkey of Gronkh, then yeah, that's more of an easter egg ;)

I figure the models will be reusable with different textures? By all means we should have normal animals, the golden donkey is more of a rare special idea :D

glasz

Contributor
Art
Dont worry it's all a matter of having 2 textures for the monkey, one normal grey and one tinted gold ;) and RampageMode seems well started with the normal grey one.

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
rigging is usefull of course
for the implementation i dont know, coders are working on it, i dont know how close they are to include our stuff in the game
beside we also need to animate them all...but we're making good progress, we're on the good track :)
Might be a couple more weeks... :derp:

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
So here it's !I uploaded the last version !Feel free to download it :D
File is below....
glasz is there alreadzy somebody working on a dwarf?
HEY THERE WERE SOME PROBLEMS ON THE OBJECT DONT USE IT PLS!

glasz

Contributor
Art
Ambient animalz :

a flight of wild geese far up, a flight of sparrows, butterflies, lizards running on stones, a cloud of flies or mosquitos. Feel free to continue the list :)

RampageMode

Contributor
Art
glasz Wolfghard
i think these ambient animals are a good idea, but i think we shouldnt model the flies,bees,butterflys,... it would look kinda weird when there is a whole swarm of polys flying around. we should wait for a some kind of particlesystem and just make them like the flowers(2D pixel style)
lizzards (not so common animals) could be modeled

it is just my opinion, but we can try it out

glasz

Contributor
Art
RampageMode : sure, they could be simple texture planes, or just particled spots for smaller insects, but birds for example even seen from far away would need some basic animations to work, so basic geometry too.....to be tested i guess

glasz

Contributor
Art
a bear :

i'm not sure about the "feet" and "hands", maybe they need more/different details. Also my sketches might get a little too much sketchy, let me know if that is the case :)