WIP Block Tile Additions

metouto

Contributor
Art
:sneaky:Yes Skaldarnar, Babingtonite does need work now that I see it in the morning light without sleep in my eyes. ;) Bituminous and Beryllium look great! ....... You said .....but are the rest ok to send .....:coffee:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Very nice, not forgetting! :)

I like the overall color spread, nice range.

Is Basalt the right tile? The original is a mild gray version, this one is bright white/yellow with some dark in sharp contrast?

Edit: Other than the two we noted (until sorted out) I think the rest can be pushed to GitHub, yep :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Basalt was a mild gray but I felt bright white/yellow was a better look :barefoot: I could change it back if you liked or felt it worked better than the other one Cervator :coffee:

Will push the other 8;)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I know there are some sorts of basalt that can be fairly light gray, sometimes you might encounter yellow deposits too, but this new basalt batch may be too far from the base to be realistic and recognized by players :)

That's not to say the textures couldn't find a home with a different mineral, I'm sure there's something more typically looking that way!

metouto

Contributor
Art
OK ....... will find a different mineral for the yellow deposits ;) and change the basalt back to fairly light gray :thumbsup: Thanks for the input:coffee:

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
All tiles I do not mention explicitly are good to go to GitHub ;) I try to give some advice or hints on what could be improved, and want to let you know if I like a specific texture more than others :) Think about every mineral not mentioned in a review comment as "perfectly fine"...

metouto

Contributor
Art
Thanks Skaldarnar, that is what I thought you were saying but just wanted to check to see if my thinking was right ;)

Palaxin

Hello @metouto , really nice work ;)
As @Cervator wrote I thought about material properties (not much in detail yet) but I do not understand how to implement this at the moment. My suggestion is to do some research for your minerals and make some collection of their features. This would still need someone else to do the technical things...
Do you have some source for your minerals where I can get further informations or would I need to look somewhere else?

metouto

Contributor
Art
Hi @Palaxin, if you are asking me if I have done any research for my minerals and a collection of their features the answer is not really. I have visited some sites that had descriptions of minerals and stuff like that but I have nothing written down that I have gone by.

If you would like me to do some research for my minerals and make some collection of their features I am more than willing to give it a shot if you are willing to give me a list of what information you would like to see for each mineral.

Now, I would like you to know I am not fast ....... but I will do the best I know how to complete what you ask me to do within my ability to do so.

Updated .....

Hi again @Palaxin,

Cervator found this for me and I will pass it on and maybe it will help you in some way. It was done back in Nov. 24, 2012 so it might not be up to date with what we are doing now in terasology .....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aub9YZ0oCEfvdGJscXo1SW5XRkVpSE5YTlMxbVFpVEE#gid=0

Last edited:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Here are 8 more block tiles I had time to put together today. The first 3 are ones that have been sent already but I am not sure at this time so I redid them just to make sure everything was good. I have a few more to do but they will come at a later date. @Cervator ...With my next post I would think that I will have ALL block tiles done and will be looking for a new project to do :coffee:
  • Terasology-150324120702-1152x720.png Alabaster 1-5
  • Terasology-150324120435-1152x720.png Abenakiite 1-5
  • Terasology-150324115958-1152x720.png Alunite 1-5
  • Terasology-150324111046-1152x720.png Basalt 1-5 (redone from yellow tile)
  • Terasology-150324111359-1152x720.png Babingtonite 1-5
  • Terasology-150324112928-1152x720.png Asbastos 1-5
  • Terasology-150324113543-1152x720.png Anthacite 1-5
  • Terasology-150324113801-1152x720.png Anhydrite 1-5

Last edited:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Thank you Skaldarnar ..... they have been sent ;) Here is the last batch of block tiles I have :omg: .....

1. Terasology-150325113230-1152x720.png Arsenic 1-5
  2. Terasology-150325114154-1152x720.png AuriferousQuartz 1-5
  3. Terasology-150325114322-1152x720.png BandedIron 1-5
  4. Terasology-150325124408-1152x720.png Andesite 1-5
There we have it the end of the tunnel:cautious: ....... what is that I see up ahead ...... well I'll be .....Cervator has given me another project to do ...... now this one is going to be real fun to do ..... right ..... maybe ...... sure it is ????? :coffee:

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Woohoo! Congratulations :D

I especially like Abenakiite, Asbestos, and BandedIron, great color balances. AuriferousQuartz is a nice example of how there can be a little more variance in some blocks yet it still looks natural :)

Yep, new project time, and I know what it should be, although we may need to borrow another volunteer for a bit to get some basic code prepared real quick. Best we put the next thing straight into the code base so we don't let it get dusty elsewhere :coffee:

metouto

Contributor
Art
With you liking this batch ...... I will go ahead and send them ...... and done

I will get with you Cervator sometime this weekend about the .....new project ....

Last edited: