Inactive Candy Stuff

glutamatkrieger

Contributor
Art
Hey guys, i just downloaded Terasology today and i wanted to share my first mod with you.
I don´t know why i wanted to do something candy like but well it keeps me smiling all the time working on it. For now, its just a one block mod but i will do more stuff on my free time.

I will use my Googledrive account so you can download it from there without advertisment and i also can keep it updated.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8Kq9XFiF6gxU1dRMlcxeWstRzA/edit

Cake1.jpg

Many greetings
Mathias

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
nice minion lair... to bad they will eat it.

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
Now we just need a hunger system so we can actually eat this house :)

Realtime color gradient would be neat for all kind of blocks!
Would be great to see this ingame ;)

glutamatkrieger

Contributor
Art
Thanks for your comments, Download is updatet and i build a 3 Steps wall. I was thinking about, how do you build up a cake. Well its done with layers. So it would be more fun to build stuff like real world cakes. It looks much better now :)

3Steps Wall.jpg

glutamatkrieger

Contributor
Art
Ok guys, my creative Weekend is nearly over. I was planning to do a little gamedesign around the little mod. These is what i thought of :

Player can cut down chocolatetrees to get chocolate pieces which can be melt into a furnage together with nut blocks so it becomes a corny block. Corny block is similiar to cobblestones.
Chocolate trees also drops cream cubes which can be used to create a topping over a chocololate- brownie combination to get a cake block.
Brownie earth blocks can be mined with a spoon.

I don´t know if i can make it to a bigger mod and if it is useful, so i need a reply of ideas and comments :)
Greetings

Maternal

Simple Pie House2.jpg

Oreo Guard.jpg

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Now we just need a hunger system so we can actually eat this house :)
Co-incidentally Esereja popped up on IRC a little earlier while working on a hunger system to go with his hive AI - which could probably use a "species" of delicious creatures to differentiate between classes :laugh:

Talked to Maternal on IRC as well and saw some other Oreo creatures, very much looking forward to that developing further. Ultimately it can be its own module with spoon-dug brownie earth but in the meantime it'll be super useful for testing stuff too :)

Esereja

Contributor
I neeeed cakeesssss, starvating whit cheesewheels as only food. Neeeeed cakes. Set github faaaaast neeed foood.:eek:

glutamatkrieger

Contributor
Art
I am so happy that this is liked so much. I woke up and had so much ideas so i designed and polished the Oreos [I named them now Oreons]

Oreons.jpg

Now there are a few more Oreo Types, Flag Carrier,Warrior, King, Prinzess, Torch Guard, Heavy Guard and a baby Oreo. I gave them a little hat, it could be used to give them teams. I will animate them later to finish up this fast so that it can be used.

glutamatkrieger

Contributor
Art
Big news, the first Oreo King appeared in Terasology !
Oreoking.jpg

You can spawn them mit my mod jar and than typing /spawnPrefab "CakeLie:Oreo" in the console. I really like the model but the main problem is that the texture is to clean if you compare it to the other stuff.

Edit: Errors need to be fixed are the Orientation and the z location... [Should be fixed]

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Baby Oreos. Teehee. overdhose prepare for a shipment of new miniion card potentials - an edible variety! :D

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
yeah I noticed them I'm preparing a red carpet to welcome them...

On another note, I tried to come up with a decent way to use my own icon file (and use 32pix in the process) but I think I'll abandon that for the moment. It was an attempt to move even more code from core to mod, but I'm afraid that even if I get it working it could slow things down quite a bit. I know it's not an issue at the moment, but as more modders might join, maybe a valid question to start considering. While I really love the ease of adding blocks, my wish for 2013 is items to have a seperate texture per mod, and if it all possible / realistic, the option to create base 32 pix.

here's a sneak peak of what I was trying to add:

icons.png

I'd gladly add the oreos to hehe... maybe leave it to others to create the card art and minion icon so it doesn't look like that... well supposedly pony.

Also, maybe we could create a utility mod, with some basic actions / events to facilitate and unify the way certain things get modded, like opening an ui, spawning etc...

Anyway I could see an army of oreos building chocolaty goodness all over the terasology world as a funny mod.

glutamatkrieger

Contributor
Art
Hello together,

I decided to polish the older Version because it has more charme and it do not look so clean like the last version.
Here is an example :
Oreons V2.1.png

The shape looks better and the stile fits more to the rest than the other version.

Things i planned to do today :

Cleaning up Googledrive
Set up extra .jar file mod, standalone oreo mod
Rigging and animating

Things i might have to test [you can reply if that don´t work]
Texture [Pixellook]
Location Bone Animation [if that is supportet I can do very funny animations]
Setting up root bone and separating main body rig from legs so that the Oreons can look up
to the player. Root bone will be x=0 y=0 z=0 so that someone can use it to code placement origin.

glutamatkrieger

Contributor
Art
Hello again, i was quite busy and to be honest, i didn´t get all things done yet. But i have more than 12 polished animations for these little guys. I have to export them and build them into a .jar as fast as i can :)

And because it is so fun to develop with you i got a special for you :

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
Nice coreography. I don't know if you accept requests, but if you could also make a builder oreo with some basic building animation, that would be awesome.

glutamatkrieger

Contributor
Art
Yeah sure i accept requests.:D And this mod is totally open source i have no plans of doing more than fun with it.
A building animation could be hard to archive, because i have no idea how i get to design the visual key for it. You have to see the oreo and his animation and know in a second who it is and what it is doing. I only can think of that it would have a hammer , but this is hard to see from the distance. A shovel would be possible, but perhaps this would not match to other buildings. I will do some tests with it but if you have an idea feel free to write it down here :)