Chris' Music Showcase

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I think it fits fine - it might not slip into the world as neatly as some other pieces, but it could go with a quirky race or some strange scenario we haven't yet thought of :D

(or at the very list good for videos/trailers!)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Very nice, as usual. Does seem to fit the "hero" theme more than something like the Heaven piece which is more like tranquil beauty :)

Totally would fit a scene where the player returns to some magnificent stronghold having completed some daring task :D

Uploaded to TeraMisc!

(Something butchered the ö character, fixing it next commit)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Love the name and the theme! Great use of a specific sound effect in a music piece. Although, it sounds a bit more like a ball-peel hammer than a full dwarven smith's hammer hitting an anvil - could it be deeper/hollower/echo'ier/something? Not a complaint, though, I like it! Just always trying to come up with some sort of feedback :D

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
I'm going through some of your other music, and I think some of it should go into Terasology in my opinion.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey Chris where is the Mustache Mill album thing hiding? I thought that was on your main Soundcloud account, but maybe it is somewhere else :)

Toss a link in here to the other recent stuff you shared on IRC, so I can listen to it when I'm home :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Wow, harmonious is really the word for that. As much as I like Resurface it always made me think of, well, resurfacing from a deep cave like it was probably intended to, so I'm going to replace the existing menu theme and find a proper cave exiting hook for Resurface to return with later :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
New menu music is now in the develop branch and latest build :D

I realized Resurface is already a normal time-of-day piece anyway, so it is still there. Was looking at replacing all the pieces with new music, might as well shake it up now and then with the amount of music we have, but I'm not super comfortable editing audio pieces. Converted the menu piece to .ogg and added 5db as it was really low volume compared to the other stuff, but I have no clue if that's the best way to do it :cowbell:

Took the PlaceBlock effect (used in GUI too) down 5db as well with my new-found audio editing prowess, but that and adding some meta-data to the .ogg is probably going to be about as fancy as I get there. Chrisk - would you be up for getting a step closer to the code by managing the GitHub submission and editing of audio pieces so they're a bit closer to each other in volume level, have metadata (mainly music), etc? All the originals are in TeraMisc then pieces in active use get the ogg treatment (if needed) and dropped into the main Terasology repo

Another thing we need to get done is bundling the music tracks as "mods", which isn't very hard, and we might even be able to add the time-of-day hooks into the mods metadata (place/surroundings will take a while yet). That also would allow us to build a no-extras version of the game that's a lot smaller (music is about 38% of the downloader right now, adding the rest of the music would increase that to about 58%, heh, heh). Maybe for the "lite" downloader we just include the menu music and make it play occasionally in-game as well :)

Git isn't too bad and we should be able to straighten out any setup issues on IRC sometime :geek:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps