Resolved Extreme lag and initial errors!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
LelixSuper - I'm happy to hear it worked! I've closed the issue on GitHub :)

If you look for "config.cfg" in the game data dir there might be more graphic settings you can disable to see if you can get higher FPS.

begla / Immortius - I cleaned up the shader logging a bit in the multiplayer branch. Condensed away the excessive "Shader [x] successfully compiled" down to just the statement with the count, including the type there now. Unsure why they all still get logged twice (couldn't quickly figure out what distinguishes the two - fragment stuff vs. vertex stuff?) - but that's better than 18 identical lines just for "chunk" :D

Shader log dump files are now also in /logs/shaders instead of plain /logs. I'm going to slowly back away from peripheral 3d wizardry stuff now before something goes terribly wrong! :pinkiecrazy:

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Both changes sound good, thanks Cervator. I suppose an alternative would have been to keep the logging but drop change its level to debug (in addition to adding the collated compile logging).

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I was trying to find something more informative per log statement that would have been useful as debug, but that sort of shader magic is beyond me at the moment. No information at all is lost with the cleanup, just condensed - removed tons of duplicate generic info :)

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Yeah, those log entries deserved a good cleanup. Thanks Cervator!