Team Happy coding!

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Just wanted to mention to everybody that I'll be in vacation in Sardinia, Italy, from July 5th to July 14th. I will bring my laptop with me, we should have an internet connection and usually I do find the time in holiday to do things I like i.e. working on Terasology. But I might find a dodgy/slow connection which might make contributions less likely. So, if I do not respond for a while you know why.

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Back from the holiday. I was hoping to do much more but it turns out a holiday with a 3 years old is very different from a holiday with a 4.5 years old AND a 1.5 years old. Should have seen it coming, I was clearly too optimistic.

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
  • Currently in the process of selling a house in the UK and buying one here in Switzerland. Dealing with a lot of paperwork, meetings, phone calls, emails, the whole showbang.
  • Work for the next renderland-related PR, focusing on the FBO manager, has started and is not particularly difficult, but due the aformentioned real-life issues, is not getting much priority. Sorry.

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Update:
  • Sold the house in the UK
  • Bought the house here in Switzerland
  • Moved from rented apartment to new house
  • Unpacked 80+ moving boxes
  • Sifted through stack of accumulated paperwork
  • Meanwhile managed to feed and dress my children every day. ... Fine: most days.
  • Feeling a bit rusty programming wise: what's a variable again?
  • Should manage to fire IntelliJ up again over the next few days.

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Fired up IntelliJ again, almost a month after I said I would! NOT happy about that. We were all sick for a couple of weeks though, right over Christmas and New Years Eve. I hope that counts for something.

Now it's just a matter of removing the codewebs from IntelliJ's corners and my own brain...

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Let me know if you run into any particularly pesky cobwebs :D

No worries about the timing and sorry to hear about sickness - but for what it is worth I shared your misery! Finally today is the first day in two weeks I feel fully back to normal :)

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Dear Terasology crew,

due to continuing disagreement with Cervator, I have come to the conclusion that it is a waste of time for me to continue as GSOC Administrator/mentor and as Terasology contributor.

Goodbye and good luck.

oniatus

Contributor
Architecture
Sad to see you leaving but comprehensible due to some if the bigger organization discussions which costed everyone a lot of energy.
Maybe you find a good chance to return to more pleasing tasks - like this thread title "Happy coding!". Was also nice to meet you in Zürich and to repeat myself from there: I think your work on the rendering system is a really good example for well-done refactoring to turn an old system into a better one with more value.

That being said, all the best to you and stay positive for other challenges to come :)