- Name: AndyTechGuy
- Social: My nickname on pretty much all of my social accounts are the same as above.
- From: Newfoundland, Canada. Pretty much as far east as you can get.
- Skills / Tools: I have some programming experience in Java, HTML/CSS, and a little bit of LWJGL. I also have some experience with video editing (in the form of funny videos on youtube ). At my high school, I'm the programmer/co-lead for the underwater robotics club.
- Found via: GCI 2018, I wanted to work on a project that used Java, and I found this!
- Interests: I'm a fan of modded Minecraft, specifically the mods that allow you to make machines/automate stuff (Applied Energistics, EnderIO, Minefactory, etc..) I would love to bring some modules to Terasology that work like this! Other than that I'm pretty much open to anything technical; I've already done some UI stuff and I would love to learn more about more complicated topics like rendering or networking.
- Extra: Currently a high school student too old for GCI now, and hoping to participate in GSOC over the summer! I'm a little confused right now about how to write the proposal, any help here would be greatly appreciated . As for what the project could be, I'm interested in making/expanding a module as in the GSOC trello board.
One idea that I have is to make a module involving robotics, with the player being able to build custom robots that can perform useful automation tasks (like excavating, farming, mining, transportation). I don't know if there is a module already like this, if not then maybe this is a good route to go?