Inactive Miniion

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Could it be that picking up blocks in the develop branch is currently not working as intended or did I miss some fundamental changes? :)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Had me puzzled for a bit - I had pulled latest and couldn't see any bugs (and remembered block gathering + minion gathering working at some point in the recent past), then finally realized there was another page to this thread and fresh code on Github. Thanks Immortius! :D

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
sorry been busy with some other stuff, thanks for the fix immortius.

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
Now that i'm a curator for features, i'll explain what I plan to add,
  1. Combat: When combat system gets to the stage where you can actually kill mobs i'll have it so when you tame your mob you can have it attack other mobs. (Only if the mob you tamed is agressive).
  2. Tamable Mobs: Able to tame mobs to help you with different things, every mob will have different special abilities such as fighting, mining, and maybe distracting other mobs, which would be good if you have a fighting mob with it.
  3. Selection: When there is not a mob picked on the hot bar, you will be able to right click and scroll down to the mob you want in that slot (With the wheel on your mouse) the default mob will be the monkey as usual. The other mobs you will have to tame, there will be a new Item to tame the mob.
  4. Mobs fighting back: If you fail to tame a mob i'll make it so it attacks you for some time, and also chases you. Agressive mobs will automatically attack you since they're aggressive, The mobs that will attack you if you fail to tame them are the friendly mobs. Or the mobs that only turn aggressive if you attack them.
  5. Gathering: I know there is already a basic system for this, but I was thinking of making it so the mobs can go on there own and mine for you and then you could call them back and get the items they mined from their inventory.
  6. Hunger and Life: You will have to feed your mobs, so they don't live forever, this will go with the speech aspect. If the mobs are too hungry they will die, and you will have to go out and tame the minion again, this is also to limit how long the minion can go mining for so it can't just go mining forever. Also, the minion is able to be killed by other mobs.
  7. Speech System: I'll have it so the Minion speaks to you when it is hungry or has an inventory full or even just to say random things.
  8. Level System: The Minion will be able to level up, the higher level, the more damage the minion will do. Also the faster it will mine or do other things. I may make it so you can choose what to higher on the minion, sort of like a RPG where you could higher your stats and skills.
Those are just some ideas/plans for the features I had for the minions.

Leave feedback on the ideas/plans please :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Ambitious! All that stuff would be great, though it would probably take months with all sorts of prerequisite architecture :)

Good road map, keep up the nice work one small feature at a time, commit to a branch on GitHub and be sure to put updates here, especially so Perdemot can stay up to date too :D

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
*cries at the prospect of being tamed, wants to stay wild and free!*
I already have you as a minion and you get whipped and tortured.

or not. :)

Ambitious! All that stuff would be great, though it would probably take months with all sorts of prerequisite architecture :)

Good road map, keep up the nice work one small feature at a time, commit to a branch on GitHub and be sure to put updates here, especially so Perdemot can stay up to date too :D

Thanks for the feedback :D

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Although its in the distant future, it would like to add something to point no. 6: I think the player should have the ability to build and place something like a feeding dish that he can fill with food for his tamed miniions. With this feeding dish, he can leave his mobs "at home" and does not have to worry about them dying. (kind of like the field system in the AoE 2 expansion... if anybody remembers that :))

And all in all that sounds like an architecture thats suiteable for NPC companions as well.

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
Although its in the distant future, it would like to add something to point no. 6: I think the player should have the ability to build and place something like a feeding dish that he can fill with food for his tamed miniions. With this feeding dish, he can leave his mobs "at home" and does not have to worry about them dying. (kind of like the field system in the AoE 2 expansion... if anybody remembers that :))

And all in all that sounds like an architecture thats suiteable for NPC companions as well.
Yeah, that's good i'll try to put that in also .

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
I'll get started on a GUI that shows the Minion's HP and add more to that, like Stats. So once I figure out the whole Minion GUI system so far I'll get started on that. I've been busy so now I'm actually going to get some work done. Immortius

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
I'm Terribly sorry for being so inactive, School is taking a lot of time and by the time I'm done with school + Practice for sports I'm too tired to do anything, I'll try my very best to get some kind of update out over the weekend.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
No worries! Weekends are best for me as well :)

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
Hey overdhose I see you're back so I could help you a bit with this now if you're still working on it. I stopped working on it due to school and other things, so now I may be able to continue work on this now that you've come back. Maybe go on the IRC more often or if you have google chat or Skype or something of that sort we could contact each other there?

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
sure, I'm uch getting old and don't spend much time on irc and such, but if you see me nudge me... the only other thing I have is a google+ thing I barely use, and I do try to follow the forums which you can use to send me a messgae or invite

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
sure, I'm uch getting old and don't spend much time on irc and such, but if you see me nudge me... the only other thing I have is a google+ thing I barely use, and I do try to follow the forums which you can use to send me a messgae or invite
Yeah, I missed you on the IRC earlier when you were on, I sent you a PM.