Featured Play test July 1st noon Eastern Time, Alpha 8 prep, first round of work and eval for GSOC

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
This coming Saturday is our regularly scheduled play test, as noted on the calendar. This will be the first test with a substantial amount of GSOC work included - I expect we'll be testing @Nihal Singh's exploration world some, @Shine's combat stuff, and so on :) I hope as many of our GSOC students as possible will make it, even if you're not working on playable content it would be nice to do a show-and-tell per project.

Hopefully late Friday and during Saturday we'll merge some more stuff and have about everything big ready for an Alpha 8 release. Maybe a week or two to iron out any major issues then release. I'm in a weird time flux myself right now so it is hard to make predictions (got downsized, it's okay I'll be fine, leaves me more time but first need to resolve a bunch of paperwork hassle and health insurance issues)

GSOC evaluations for phase 1 are due Friday and 95% done as I write this, just one item left and that'll get done for sure. To highlight for our students: the evaluation is just a checkpoint and the proposal a guideline - GSOC is much more about becoming involved with an open source community and doing work on a "real" project resulting in some final product. Projects (like any requirements in software work) change over time and schedules get tweaked. That's fine - you are not expected to do everything perfectly by the deadline - so don't worry and just do your best!

barbossa.jpg

There are also GSOC blogs popping up all over the place but they are hard to keep track of! Here are some recent ones:
I'm sure I'm missing some so please feel free to post more links!

In the near future maybe we'll start doing more overall blogging with the updated splash site by @smsunarto too: http://terasology.org :)

Last edited: