Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Edit August 10 2013: Server briefly online again while my wife's niece visits - running Hexxit via the Technic launcher. "movingblocks.net" - no whitelist etc, just be nice and keep language PG-13, kids may be playing
Edit: Server offline - might come back for events sometime
Edit: I put the wrong Minions link on here at first, the 1.3.2 version. Fixed now and some more direct links added for now. If you installed the 1.3.2 minions addon you might crash on opening its menu (via 'M') - in that case just delete the directories it added and redo from the right zip (just overriding isn't good enough)
Edit2: If you get invisible Mo'Creatures you might have ended up with version 3.7.1 instead of 3.6.2 (the link below should be right). Unzipping files might also cause trouble (other than the first step for minions)
Edit3: Minions disabled for now, can cause server crashes
This is set up on our web host for use as inspiration / testing for Terasology design as well as simply having fun with the fellow community members around here. It is however not really intended for a stable long-term community server, although we have one of those too shared with EVE University (where I'm in management - yes, we are hierarchical corporations not guilds, complete with spreadsheets and bureaucracy, spaceships are srs bsns!) but that's limited to contributors only.
From now till the weekend the server is in testing mode, then I'll reset for the birthday event on Saturday. Not sure what'll happen after then, but tweaks might be done to the server on short notice, although of course some thought will go into avoiding arbitrary bad stuff
Server is Tekkit based with everything enabled (including EE!) and open for use. Difficulty is set to HARD (which is extra hard due to one added mod, but extra easy due to another added mod and Tekkit itself). Only rule is no griefing / be nice. Current world doesn't have any swamps near Spawn but I found enough rubber trees here and there anyway - but replant if you take those or other rare resources.
Whitelist is enabled and I've started it out with the same whitelist as UniCraft so if you're already on that one you don't need to ask to be whitelisted for this one. Get your entry in so you can join the birthday event!
Encouraged activity: Collaborative projects near spawn meant to simulate how a later-stage Terasology might work. For example building a Dwarf Fortress / Dungeon Keeper lair in full 3D imagining the creatures that might inhabit it and what their needs might be. I've learned stuff just from Unicraft like how much bigger rooms get than in DF, especially if you add wiring between floors / in the walls.
Server: movingblocks.net (need Tekkit launcher + 4 mod zips added to its mods dir)
Mods beyond Tekkit (using adfly links where I found them to support the modders):
- Mo'Creatures- download as zips and place straight in [userdir]/.techniclauncher/tekkit/mods (do notextract the zips!):
- http://adf.ly/8Npbx - Mo'Creatures main file v3.6.2 (direct link)
- http://adf.ly/AsJMw - custom mob spawner dependency v1.5.1 (direct link)
- http://bit.ly/Hl3tPT - GUI dependency v0.14.2-1.2.5 (may be optional, doesn't seem to work in SMP anyway?)
- Play note: This adds a LOT more creatures including some that can be very destructive which goes well with the idea of Terasology being much more dynamic with defenses more important. See their wiki for creature details(spoilers!) - special notes for:
- Ogres - infamous block-destroyer vastly more destructive than Endermen. Will happily destroy fancy machinery, chests, etc, and will apparently path toward the player through solid blocks from quite a distance (can spawn below you, in caves)
- Goats - covert danger, will happily eat anything off the ground including all that gear you just dropped after being smushed by an Ogre
- Crocs - can "grab" you and will try to drag you into water. Not actually sure how to get free, I just mash buttons.
- Wraiths - can spawn at night and are semi-transparent and hard to see. And some of them set you on fire ..
Minions - bit fancier than ours, very much like Imps from DK - it is like they were written for overdhose ... http://adf.ly/7I1Lh - for 1.2.5, extract and grab the stuff under CLIENT for the launcher dir's "mods" (don't unzip that zip) and "resources" subdirs (alt direct link) Play note: These only become available after you reach level 8 and then have a goofy "Do evil" GUI trick where you just need to click a random (goofy) evil act button four times. 'M' is the hot key (which conflicts with "mode select" - can change that hot key in the GUI or Minion's hot key in its config file). When you "activate" that way you get a special command rod and can summon + make the minions chop down trees, do your mining for you, etc. I've barely had a chance to play with it so far.
Also see the community thread for an extra (keeping that out of a public forum just in case to avoid scan-bots)