Never Before Seen Blocks for Terasology

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thanks! Looking forward to it - and glad to hear you're feeling better :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Let me know time ...... (I will be here all day today but I know you are working today)

metouto

Contributor
Art
120721002359127.png

The above picture shows these order of blocks ....

1) Arsenic

(Next set of 6 corundum blocks )

2) CorundumBlack

3) CorundumBlue

4) CorundumGreen

5) CorundumPink

6) CorundumRed

7) CorundumYellow

(The last one in the line has bee posted before in "reply" # 33)

8) Uraninite

RampageMode

Contributor
Art
oh man, this thread is awesome
good work metouto
good luck at doing the item stuff, and
maybe more important, usefull crafted items out of all the awesome blockshit :D :p

metouto

Contributor
Art
Cervator said to fix "Magnetite (solid black)" add Galena, Cassiterite; ;) is this what you might have had in mind ....

Magnetite.png
Magnetite

Galena.png
Galena

Cassiterite.png
Cassiterite

GrassSide1.png
and just for kicks I will add this one that was a leftover block I had :coffee:

Jet.png
Jet ... might need to add something here

Sylvite.png
Sylvite

Halite.png
Halite

that is what I have for now ...... *color me gone to the block making board*

metouto

Contributor
Art
These have changed some of the red tagged items in the above graph to black tagged items. I do not know how they will look in the level as yet because I can't place them but will leave it to others to help me out there ( I could use feedback if you think they need changes of any kind :eek:) ....

AlabasterBlack.png
AlabasterBlack

SandRed.png
SandRed

GravelBank.png
GravelBank

GravelBench.png
GravelBench

GravelPave.png
GravelPave

GravelPea.png
GravelPea

Peat.png
Peat

CreekRock.png
CreekRock

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yay for more blocks :D

You just reminded me to add your last batch of blocks, since that fixes up the few broken blocks. I'll have to get to the rest later :)

As for feedback on the first batch - yeah, Jet might need just a little more texture, maybe a little darker too. Magnetite looks rather dramatic with the strong colors and has a very solid edge/border, maybe blur that fellow up a bit. Rest I think are pretty good as is, maybe a slight bit of blur on Galena and Cassiterite, but I'll leave that up to you - should be able to check via the latest develop build in just a bit (remember to enable the mineral pack) :cool:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Ok Cervator I believe I have changed to what your are asking :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Whoops, just realized I used a local workspace pointed at my personal branch on GitHub, not MovingBlocks. I'll push it forward soon and grab the other blocks too.

Something went funny with Magnetite again, it looks like it is only 4x4 pixels now, although it still is 16x16 :)

Jet probably went too textured now, hehe. It probably should be very smooth and only a few shades of black, just with a tiny bit of variety here and there. Sorry about being picky :D

121204004828832.png

metouto

Contributor
Art
Sorry about being picky :D
No worries ;) you are allowed to be picky :thumbsup: and that is the kind of feed back I need to know about. I will get them fixed my friend :coffee:

EDITED .... I just uploaded the new and improved 2 blocks back to the above post ....might be a little better now :thumbsup:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Ice is already translucent, portal blocks could be too I just have been using them placeholder-style for testing/content without worrying too much about the look :)

Alpha stuff? Sounds fancy

We need new ice and portal textures anyway sometime so we can eventually migrate away from GMC

metouto

Contributor
Art
Ok ... it is 1:00 am and maybe I am :sleep: .... but I do not understand :confused: would someone explain this so that I could read it with my coffee in the morning .... then I might understand better :coffee: thank you.

Esereja

Contributor
the deal is if you add "translucent" : true, in json file it makes that block transparent acording transparent areas in png.(areas that have more alpha than 0)

if you add "waving" : true, it will wave like grass does. whit "penetrable" : true, you make walktrougth blocks.

and ice seems to be transparent in all ways. and I can't find portal block

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Portal block is in the portal mod :)

metouto - "alpha" is a property of textures/colors, like how much "red" there is in a color likewise there is an "alpha" counter. It can be used for transparency and other things, but I'm not very familiar with it myself :D

I don't actually know if "waving" works for non-billboard blocks, but I know there's a severe limit to how many blocks can be waving (we might be at that limit - even some of the plants are non-wavy). The reason for that is way too 3D wizardry for early morning thoughts :sleep: