Never Before Seen Blocks for Terasology

Esereja

Contributor
tought wavy needs that most of blocks pixels are ransparent in oder look good, didn't work too well whit portal block. metouto can you try make new portal frame block. I tried and result was not good for that purpose.(propapply will try use it elsewhere).
Portal block is nice tought

Portal.png

and it is transparent. 8-p

by the way sandRed could have bit more grainy texture, doesn't look too sandy at momment. my opinion

metouto

Contributor
Art
I will take a look at what I can do for SandRed when I get home ...... thanks for the heads up ;) Esereja.

But about the portal block I don't know anything about it :( someone else make it not me .... will the real portal block maker please step forth :cautious: :whistle::cautious::whistle: ......

Esereja

Contributor
but can't you use imagination and invent new texture for it? just combine stone whit some arcane writings and there we go :ninja:
(we can't use one that exist right now because it is straight from mc)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Y o_O ..... yes Esereja :sneaky: ... I can see what I can come up with :thumbsup: .... I just did not want to step on anyone's toes here :coffee: *picture me thinking *

Esereja

Contributor
I understood it is as free for changes as block can be(no one is taking care of that texture). So you won't make anyone sad.(and I am to plame if something goes wrong:devil: ).
good deal, isn't it?:sneaky:

metouto

Contributor
Art
OK Esereja :alien: this is what I came up with ....

PortalStone.png

Now, I know you wanted arcane writings :eek: on it but as of now I do not know how to do this on a block 16 by 16 (it is to small):( ... now let me know what you (and anyone else) think / what you like / don't like and / color etc etc etc .....

metouto

Contributor
Art
And I played around with SandRed :coffee: and made these adjustments to it ....

SandRed2.png

does it look more grainy :unsure: now to you .... maybe close to what you were looking for Esereja ;)

Esereja

Contributor
intereting, at least it is beter than mine. i will try and see.
(still wanting blue the arcane writins on stone:cry: )

It looks kind of intresting, like some 3d effect. I will try something also later.(must have arcane writiiings, writiiiiings);)

and sand is much beter.

metouto

Contributor
Art
I have been able to do a cool "wingbat" effect in a round ring ......

text block.png

but when I bring it down to 16 x 16 you can't tell what it is :thumbsdown: *picture me pulling out my hair * o_O

Esereja

Contributor
i aded your version of portal frame, on my git pull reguest(didn't mean, tought). I hope you don't mind.

metouto

Contributor
Art
That is the one thing that most people say about me (and MOSTLY :eek: my mother) .... "He never minds !!!!" :laugh: But all kidding aside Esereja that is what my stuff is here for .... for people to use :coffee: as they see the need.

metouto

Contributor
Art
OK ... on chat last night we talked about train tracks and this is what I came up with .....

TrainTrack.png
TrainTrack

TrainTrackLeft.png
TrainTrackLeft

TrainTrackRight.png
TrainTrackRight

TrainTrackIntersection.png
TrainTrackIntersection

Now, if someone would like to try these out and see if they work (and are to everyone's liking) I sure would like that ;) and then if there is any changes just let me know. (Oh, BTW the backgrounds on these blocks are all set to transparent) :coffee:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
They look good to me, would be nice to see in a world screenshot. I'd prep them and review, but am prepping for airline travel already and will likely be less available than usual for a few days :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
I'm sorry to have bothered you :oops: I did not realize you were go to be going/gone. I will put them in my Intellij and post a picture soon ... again sorry for intruding :(

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Don't be goofy! You didn't bother me or intrude on anything, I can chose to not respond/reply if I'm too busy :p

I'll still pop on from time to time over the next few days :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
OK ... will wait till you are back ... I tried to put the track blocks in intell and it just would not work :( things have changed way to much sense I last worked with putting things in intell ... any way it is late and bed is calling :sleep:

pencilcheck

Contributor
Awesome drawing skill you got there :p
Cool, now we could just make a track block and place it in the world and Voilà!, we have tracks :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Well, it is just a place holder till the real rails arrive ... I think Cervator has plans to have them sticking up above the ground somewhat .... but thanks for the pat on the back :coffee:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Well, it is snowing outside and the temp is 8 degrees brrrrrrrrrr. So decided to make the rest of the blocks up in the graph that were still red ....

ClaySandy.png
ClaySandy

ClaySilty.png
ClaySitly

CrushedRock.png
CrushedRock

CrushedStone.png
CrushedStone

LoamySand.png
LoamySand

SandTan.png
SandTan

SandWhite.png
SandWhite

SandYellow.png
SandYellow

Silt.png
Silt

SiltLoam.png
SiltLoam

If the graph has all blocks then it says we have 110 (???) blocks now :speechless:

That should finish all projects that I have promised anyone that I would do :sneaky: (except the train block and I think Immortius suggested that it should be done maybe in something like blender than in my side of block making ;) ). So, if that is true and there are no changes to the above blocks :whistle: ... I should be up to date with everything :coffee:

Now, I am going to see about doing something outside my range :cautious: and will let you know about it if it works out.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and looking froward to a great New Year :thumbsup:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
8 degrees? Yikes!

Do you want to add those via IntelliJ yourself or is it too different now? I can help refresh your memory / show you the new directory line-up sometime this weekend if you like :)