Never Before Seen Blocks for Terasology

metouto

Contributor
Art
..... 8 degrees? Yikes! ..... ?????

@ Cervaator ... the new set up in IntelliJ is way different that it was :confused: (someone "down under" seems to have been working really hard :thumbsup: ) ... But I would like my memory refreshed so I will be able to learn where the things I make go so i could at least put them into IntelliJ and run it ... maybe even get some pictures to post instead of just the blocks only. :D This weekend would be great for me .... just let me know :coffee:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Sounds good. I'm not totally sure yet when I'll be available but will message you when I know :)

8 degrees F just sounds cold :D

metouto

Contributor
Art
OK will keep my eyes :geek: open for your message ..... your right 8 degrees is cold ... makes you blue allover and shiver a lot :omg:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Question .... in this world we are creating ... if we put sand into a furnace/oven and cook it ... it will turn into glass correct ;) but if we put in different types of sand will we come up with different types of glass .... red sand/red glass, yellow sand/ yellow glass o_O or do they all just do plain see through glass and are only different because of how they are created throughout this world ??? :coffee:

metouto

Contributor
Art
OK ...o_O I believe that I have add most of the stuff from the graph and all blocks we have talked about here there and yonder:eek: I will post a picture in a day or two and get Cervator to help me get then to you all soon. I had to delete some because of "closeness" to other blocks of same type :(

:D I have add a block called "hot rock" for my Australian friend who welcome me to the New Year from the future (his time zone is way ahead or mine) and left me with a word of wisdom to live this year by :D ... Here is the link for the info behind hot rocks ... http://theresilientearth.com/?q=content/australian-hot-rocks-could-provide-green-energy .... until next time metouto signing off :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Ohh so that's what's meant with "hot rock" - very cool article, had no clue, always thought Iceland when thinking geothermal :)

Yeah I expect sand to glass would be a process somewhere, with different sands (or additives) resulting in different types/colors of glass

metouto

Contributor
Art
So here are the pictures I promised you ...

130101145030839.png

130101145004461.png

130101145038344.png

The blocks from Left (starting by the chest)to right are .... ClayLoam, HotRock, LoadSand, SandRed, SandTan, SandYellow, SiltLoam, GravelBank, GravelPave, GravelPea, ChrushRock, CrushedStone, then around the corner you will find CreekRock, and AlabasterBlack.

That is about it unless you can't make out the blocks or you think they should be changed for some reason. Until I get some feed back it will find me working over on the other side or the room with my two friends Paint.net & Gimp 2.8 :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Nicely done! Those look unusually nice, good work on avoiding patterns for multi-block placements, especially the gravelly looking ones. Only one that sticks out a little is the grayish one in 7th place between the orange and blue (so SiltLoam?) where there's a very sharp divide between individual blocks :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
;) ya yes .... the old 7th placed SiltLoam know it well ... see if I can change that some what.

They look sooooo different in paint.net than in the game itself .... it surprises even me when they come out to please :coffee:

BTY ... I went back to look at them again in intellj before I closed it down and SiltLoam also looks not as wide as the other blocks .... but all are 16 x 16 :eek:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
BTY ... I went back to look at them again in intellj before I closed it down and SiltLoam also look not as wide as the other blocks .... but all are 16 x 16 :eek:
Dunno. Optical illusion? :cowbell:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Here is one for the books... I left out ... "*/" (no quotes)... from and end to a line in a intellj block definition o_O and so it would not give me one of my block :mad: . Now, that means something to you code writers but to me it was like :sneaky: finding a 1/2 needle in one double sized haystack :unsure:

Anyway here is a "last but not least" block ... it is called SandWhite ....;)

130101210855871.png

now back to paint and Gimp ... bye:coffee:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Your new SiltLoam Block ;)

SiltLoam.png SiltLoam

Hope this works a little better :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Looks like it will - thanks! We should get the new stuff shipped to GitHub soon :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Let me know when you would like to go about the shipping and I will get my rowboat -a- rowing :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Ready when you are! :D

If you check stuff in wherever you added it I can move it around if needed, like creating a new "plants" module for corn, sugar, and any existing stuff it makes sense to move there