Chris' Music Showcase

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Sounds great. I'm finishing the next trailer these days. I use "Peacful World" for the stable release #22, but its always good to have new material for upcoming stuff :D

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
As always: Nice track! :)
The part from 0:34 to 1:08 had let me think of a journey over a wide plane, running throug the tall grass :D So, a perfect track when you explore the world.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah I got exploration out of it too, that crescendo for me brought out that oft-repeated notion of mine of cresting a hill to see a wide open valley laying beyond :)

Had a little trouble making out the subtle undertones here and there, especially before and after the main crescendo. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I just couldn't make out the instrument/feel of the undertone enough to really associate it with anything. I sort of want to think of the undertone for the first half minute to be something like a bubbling creek or even rain, but dunno!

The extra percussion in either case is perfectly fine and nice IMHO :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Good stuff, nice crescendo again, although for some reason the percussion there sticks out to me a little. Hard to put my finger on it, but it is like the percussion rings sort of ... thin for me somehow? It seems to lack the usual richness of each element in your pieces.

All that is IMHO only though, it is a good piece as always :)

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
Man thanks for your feedback, I forgot to turn on the equalizer for my percussion layers :) Reuploaded the song, just listen to it again, it should feel much better now.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Woo! I actually caught a real issue? :rofl:

Cool, am at work now so I'll have to re-listen when I get home :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh yeah much better. The percussion now seems like it is "part of the piece" again rather than sticking out, back to being fully integrated :)

Definitely need to make a mountain showcasing video with that as background music!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Listened to the whole thing, good stuff, great gesture :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Woohoo! :omg:

I've gone ahead and plastered this all over our social outlets for more exposure, highlighting your case as a success story for a Terasology contributor - I bet we can help launch other careers once in a while too :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oohh, distinct. Well, the first half and some of the undertones in the second half, then the other part of second half has a familiar ring to it :D

Good start!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Jungles seem a must, yeah, and that piece is a great fit and somewhat of a departure from the usual style with just a tiny bit of subtle connection back to the main bulk of work - which itself seems to work very well IMHO :)