Chris' Music Showcase

Janred

Contributor
Art
Really proffesional MMO/RPG soundtracks, you are awesome, hope you'll get the chance to do stuff like that for a big studio someday ;)
I would really like to wander trough an awesome beautiful world that fits with your music, maybe we can in Terasology someday :)

UberWaffe

Contributor
Design
Just listened to all your linked music.
Truly epic!
I love them all!:D

glasz

Contributor
Art
By the way Chrisk i didnt ask for your authorization to use your music with my making of, i hope it's all right :/

I love the waltz, kind of reminds me of yann tiersen music.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
By the way Chrisk i didnt ask for your authorization to use your music with my making of, i hope it's all right :/

I love the waltz, kind of reminds me of yann tiersen music.
I'm pretty sure that's okay :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Excellent piece as always, Chrisk !

Definitely hits the "dreamlike" vibe. If anything I would say L&S pieces in general could be "creepier", but that's IMHO only. Not necessarily dark evil creepy, more like Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time creepy :D

This makes me think of a purely good dream, with nice sparkly sunshine and nature

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
It sure jumps right out of the gate into a new style - happy Diwali! :)

It is unlike any previous piece. It sort of reminds me of the music in A Game of Dwarves - this festive setting that could be especially fitting for a particular race. Or played along an achievement.

I'm not sure if you'd want this or if it would even be a good idea, but would it be something to attempt linking it just slightly to the sort of general flavor of your pieces? It almost gets close right near the end. If not "linked" it would stand apart somewhat from the other pieces - which could be fine, really, if that's what we want :)

And there my musical expertise ends! No clue if / if not :D

Janred

Contributor
Art
Reminds me of "The Grinns Tale" music style, i like it.
But I dont know where/when that piece should be played ingame.
Maybe after winning a game(module) while you're checking your rewards or something like that?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Nice mixup :)

I really like how subtly Heroes get mixed in shortly after the two minute point. Does this at all relate to your ideas about weaving the pieces together?

The rhythmic background effect in the very beginning I'm not a huge fan of though, it seems almost a little grating, if that makes sense? It isn't audible for a very long time though.

Edit: I just finally realized the Soundcloud mobile app is completely free and I can just get to all your music that way - I had been downloading it manually and copying it over piece by piece ... :oops:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
You know I'll like it, probably more fun to hear somebody more unusual comment :D

I like the groove it gets into, the beginning seems a little too arbitrary for me, especially the engine starting sound. I get what it is trying to do, sort of a slow wind-up, and I imagine that could work, maybe it is just a slight bit too random? Maybe if the engine starting sound itself was a more "electro" type effect? Do any of the TRON Legacy vehicles make startup sounds? Forgot. Don't take my word for it though! Still not an expert!

My favorite part is later after the main smooth period in the middle when it subtly transitions into "Fading World" - at least that's what I think it is doing! There might just be a slight touch of it around the engine start point too, unsure.

Could definitely get into a longer version of the piece. Could also picture it gearing up in a dance club, despite never having set foot in one! So again, take my feedback with a grain of salt, haha.

Maybe next time I'm in Europe I'll get a chance to experience one of the German techno type clubs, as long as dancing is not mandatory ;)

Mike Kienenberger

Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Finally got a chance to listen to your Terasology tracks -- I love them! Kind of like Tangerine Dream! I don't buy music very often anymore, but "Terasology OST - Volume 2" is at the top of my list, and I'm only halfway through it.