Monsters

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Good list, tho I'd stick with the basics / less intense to model :D

Cthulhu / Balrog might be examples of too involved, could just be general demons for down the road.

Last three yeah - bit odd :D

- skeleton
- floating eye
- vampire / bat
- werewolf

... etc. Really more for artist inspiration than a list of everything we need, I'll take whatever we can get as long as it fits decently :)

HeadClot - how far along has the dragon come, anyway? :coffee:

Edit: A chainsaw bat? That's... interesting :D

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
As I see much progress in the animal section I just wanted to note that I currently work on a werewolf :)
(just to prevent double models :) )

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
Yay, the werewolf is done :D
It got little bit more expensive than thought (704 polygons), but I hope it's still suitable ;)

and here come some pictures:

As you'd expect: no uv unwrapping, I try to get a basic gist of it as the week progresses but i can't guarantee ;)

so long,
Nym

ps: anyone modelling the skeleton by now?

Double_A

Contributor
Art
Hi,

I tried to model the skeleton... http://p3d.in/AWein
I hope ut matches your idea glasz. It's probably less blocky than you imagined, right? :-/

Unfortunately it has over 700 faces (triangulated). :flutterbunny:
Does it have to have a closed surface? Otherwise I could remove some faces in the inside of the ribs e.g...
Or can I just leave the quads (ca. 350)?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Nice werewolf Nym Traveel ! :thumbsup:

I'm having a bit of visualization trouble connecting the legs with the torso. Might be because they end facing away instead of toward the torso?

Double_A - I like the skeleton too, very nice. Might be too detailed, dunno. Beginning to wonder if that's even a bad thing, but I leave that for the artists to decide :)

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
I will get my hands on that issue asap :)
As long as it's not too many details for the enduser's pc to handle I'm a detail lover :D

Double_A

Contributor
Art
Nice werewolf Nym Traveel ! :thumbsup:

I'm having a bit of visualization trouble connecting the legs with the torso. Might be because they end facing away instead of toward the torso?

Maybe it helps if you imagine a knee where the leg ends. That thing that looks like a knee is actually the ankle.

glasz

Contributor
Art
Nym Traveel great werewolf! I like the head in particular. One minor thing : dont be afraid to oversize the hands, and of course the claws. A werewolf's claw must be massive and scary. As or the pelvis/upper legs area, my drawing's fault but might be too empty/confusing? I'll try some corective drawings.

Double_A Very good skeleton :) It's a bit smoother, but very close to what i imagined. One detail : the scapulas should be behind the rib cage. It would have helped if i had done a sideview sketch i know, i will not be so lazy in the future ;)

Double_A

Contributor
Art
glasz: I tried to put them behind the rib cage, but then it looks like tiny wings...
Thats why I tried to make something like a shoulder out of it. :confused:

Here's my best try with scapulas. I just couldn't put it completely behind it.
http://p3d.in/erv2Q

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Red Bull gives you wiiiiiings!

And yeah, I figured there was another joint on the werewolf. Maybe the vanishing link thing should happen after said knee rather than before? :)

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
Double_A : I totally missed this fact, thank you :)
A remastered version will appear in a day or two (girlfriend has vacation, too - so I can only model while she's still asleep in the morning ;) )

I will also play a bit more with the size of the claws (had some attempts where they just looked ridiculous... :/ ) and the ankle :)

glasz

Contributor
Art
Double_A : It was a nice idea, sorry for being a bit too specific on this.... Anyway, i like the way they are now :)

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
Ok, here's version 1.1 of the werewolf.
Changelog:
- made hands bigger
- corrected the ankle, knee issue
- emphasized the stomach a bit more
- opened the mouth

possible future plans:
- add simple cubes for teeth (textures will suffice for that)
- any other suggestions ;)

so long,
Nym

glasz

Contributor
Art
maybe he could be added a tail to kind of balance the body :

(see how i, o so slightly, oversize the hand)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh! Tail! That's what's missing! But even without that's looking mighty spiffy :D