Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
I think some subdivisions at the "tails" would be good when it comes to animationg this guy. Otherwise nice monster!

basilix

Contributor
Art
I left it like that couse it would be easier to tweak the tail like that. Body needs one or two more loop too...
Thanks for pointing it out tho :)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Nice cactus! I could see that flailing away at targets, yeah :)

So having that added is great (and yep, pull requests update themselves if you just add more commits to the same branch before the PR is processed). One thought it brings up - potential style clash in the world? We have the normal square cactus blocks that are actual shaped blocks. Then we have the disconnected-style creature models (that are getting more and more detailed / less blocky). Now we have a cactus that's right in between. Is it a block, or a creature? Pretty sure it isn't the first, but I'm not really sure how to feel about it :)

We've previously talked about overly detailed plants maybe sticking out in a bad way, but I'm sort of thinking we're moving towards that anyway.

On a completely different note: Watching Bleach with wifey and a very neat monster just came up. Skeleton type fellow (technically walking on long straight spikes/tentacles, but bah on those) with bony spikes sticking up and out almost like bare branches on a tree - growing skulls like fruit that then turn into a skeleton minion that detach and attacks a target. Anybody up for making that sort of a monstrosity? :D

deDarxo

I drew this Scetch via Paint
It's a Snake with a big Diamond as its Tail to lure adventures
If you try to farm that diamond block, the snake attacks and probably eats you :eek:

Im not graphicaly talented. Feel free to animate it

mfg deDarxo

basilix

Contributor
Art
Cervator maybe we can do something like avatar the game style.. If you play as navi the plants wont attack you but if you play as humans and try to harvest them they attack you... Maybe we could make the plants not too blocky and they would have a middle on the line style...

deDarxo that doesnt sound too bad but thinking of the process of it turning from stone-diamond to snake scares me, tbh i think it would be hell of a challenge for me to make that puzzle :D
And those kind of sketches are good enough to give the idea behind the creature, draw them like that whenever you think of something :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
basilix - actually something like that has sort of come up over in the world theme thread in a possible scenario with a nature loving race that would have a special relationship with plants like that :)

Rouv

I have created a Dragon with the game Spore because i have no idea how to use Blender, i would find it cool if someone liked the model and tried to implement and animate it in Blender. I unfortunately could not make the modell bigger because you can enlarge things in Spore only up to a certain size :( On the dragon, everything can be changed as much as you like it. The body must definitely be bigger :D because the head is too big the colors can be changed too. And you can decide if the dragon is two- or four-legged. It is only one suggestion. I'd find it great if somebody enjoyed it.

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=conceptdragonrbc2x.png
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=conceptdragon2vtcw2.png
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=conceptdragon3duew3.png
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=conceptdragon4v6e0v.png
Edit:

A friend from me has made a drawing from a black phoenix that comes out a man it is a cool concept art too with a story!
The first Picture you see in the Video is a old Version from the phoenix!
Description:
"It's basically meant to be the darkness in someone's soul itself. I imagine it to burst out from the villain's (or maybe the hero's) chest; darkness in form of black haze surrounding the bearer. Then the phoenix opens its wings, showing all of its beauty [...] When the environment becomes dark and foggy you can see a kind of 'core heart' looking like a red pulsing light in its chest; its carcass and skull is glowing in the darkness as well..." - nuvaboy

The Story by me and nuvaboy:
You came in a village with villagers when you talk to one that stands a little bit outside the village in the middle of a way/road at the late evening/night than comes following dialog:
You: Go away from the street i muss pass!
He: What you doing so late outside ?
You: I must go this way and you blocked me -.-'' are you going away now?
He: Its dangerous at night!
You: I dont see any dangerous creatures, who can hurt me! AND NOW LEAVE!
He: Dont shout at me and are you sure that there is nothing?
You: Yes, or have you see anything?
He: Yes, but i must tell you somthing to this
You: Go on i have not much time
He: Ok,i keep it short
You: ...
He It's about a young boy's heart..
You: BORING, let me pass
He: Shut up and listen!!
He: so; the boy was since he was born ignored because he was living in a big family and when the time came he had to go to school it didn't become better! He was bullied by other and no one helps him. And the more he was bullied and ignored the more he turned to himself and hate all people more and more. When he was grown up his live wasn't better he was still alone and he focused only on hating all people. Because of all his hatred his heart became darker and darker and darker one time the heart was so filled of hatred that he thinks "i must let it out!". And now the time has come to let it out!
You: Nice story, you mean a man walks here around let his hate out? Thats so scary i pissed in my shorts... let me pass!
He: No he let it NOW out of course ,you must know ....... I AM THE BOY!

Viedo sequenz: You(player) jump backward and the man explode, the black pheonix break out his chest and and it would be foggy than the pheonix attaks you.
When you have killed the pheonix you can drop something(Ideas?).

Hope you all find it so nice as i do. When you have some ideas to Story or some else say it. The only problem is again we cant make a modell or animating this (ill find epic) moment :( So when anyone can make this awesome pheonix with Blender or other programms it would be really nice and we hope that this additional quest implement some day in the game :)
Pheonix: www.abload.de/img/schattenphnix004_wate2yuio.jpg

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hehe, nice story! I like the presentation :D

Neat dragon, too. I remember playing with the pre-release Spore creature creator, that was very cool.

It would be great if we could end up with both a dragon and a phoenix model sometime :pinkiehappy:

My ghost model is ready now, textured and all. It is in this thread. The zip file is named "TerasologyGhost (2).zip". If anyone wants to make the script feel free to do so, unless you take all credit for the model.