Screenshots!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Pulled latest, updated screenie below.I might have gotten used to the noisy setup, now it seems too quiet :D

Would be ideal if the open sea was noisier than a nice isolated cove like below, or weather having an impact, but I'm already nitpicking and that seems like a tall order ;)

130218004347675.png

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Doh, I just realized the above screenie is wrong - I haven't gotten used to the new video quality settings yet and was on "Epic" not "Insane" which still is quite wavy :oops:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Aw man, that first one. That first one, aw man! I know what tonight's FB update will be, heh :D

I really love the feel of the houses, it seems just right, really easy to imagine it being populated by humans or so. We're totally going to get those things in the shape of a PAG definition, right? :cool:

Name - not sure yet. Will try to come up with some ideas :)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
PAG - hopefully. Would be quite hard for these kinds of houses, but the towers should work quite well ;)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Finally, I finished the mage academy within the middle of the town :omg: That was the last building that was planned, so if you come up with some good names for the village I'll upload the saved game for you ;)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
For some reason plain "Tao" comes to mind. If "Untrue Tao" is our concept of two factions with wildly differing views (steampunk vs nature) then that village somehow seems like the true combination of the two - not very technological, yet not completely based in nature either, just an idyllic little place where either faction could be comfortable :)

Bonus points if the footprint / streets / walls of the town seen from above were to approximate the actual Tao symbol - I think that could be a cool "central city" concept ;)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
DOWNLOAD!!!!
Try it out if you like to, but be sure to check the version you run the save game with. It ran it with Stable-22 and Nightly-438, every build above will likely break the saved game :(
Moreover, I fear the block ids are just one step away from overflowing, so don't use any new blocks ("/giveBlock" is always dangerous here :D ).
Furthermore, use the "ColoredGlass" mod for the right feeling in the temple and mage towers.

Attachments

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
:twilightoops: :pinkiegasp: :ajconfused::flutteryay: :scootangel: :omg:

It is one thing to see screenshots of that village, but actually running around in it? Those screenies do not do it anywhere near justice. The level of detail is ludicrous! Right down to smoke blocks coming out of chimneys, and the very scale of the main castle - the original Gothic house in the center of the village pales in comparison and that thing was impressive.

I am flabbergasted. And totally posting this somewhere plus wanting to find a way to convert it to the latest build. Heck this thing needs to ship with the game :D

nodots

WOW! I can't even think that beautiful! I may, however, run around it until I feel the inspiration to write some music to listen to while you work on it... That map is a benchmark! I went looking for the Dwarven Hall too, figured it couldn't be too far. :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Janred

Contributor
Art
I dont really know how that works yet, but i could try to figure that out :p
And would maybe do it :)
But i dont think that it will work (well) with 16p textures?
Edit: I tried it with 64p Dirt, the normal looks good, i would like to check it ingame begla . :)

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Will try to add it during the week or next weekend. Will let you know!

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Okay, I was actually faster than expected. On the rendering side the feature should be complete - only the texture atlas generation support for the normal maps is missing on the engine side.

I present to you... (@Janred, Adeon) Chunk normal mapping support (forward and deferred). If you like to test it... Just set "normalMapping" in the config file to true and maybe exchange the currently hardcoded normal map "stone_normal.png".

Terasology-130623203031-3840x2160.jpg